Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_k1

Documenting our Remodel

Andrew.K
10 years ago

Although this is my first official post, I have been lurking around this forum since deciding to remodel our kitchen last December. The advice given and opinions offered here have been a great help. Our remodel is now underway, and I thought folks thinking of embarking on a remodel might find it helpful to follow along. I plan to update the site regularly, in diary fashion. The link is below.

Andy

Here is a link that might be useful: A Consuming Life

Comments (5)

• KBSpider
    10 years ago

Okay, I'm now all caught up and waiting for more! :)

I like that you included your expected budget - hope you come close to that number...

Good luck the rest of the way!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

This is going to be fun to follow!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Congratulations and good luck as you embark on this journey! Is there a layout or plan available?

I noticed you didn't mention lighting in your budget or in your description. I would recommend that you take full advantage of the fact that the walls and ceiling are now open and get better lighting in place. All I see is an overhead fixture and the hood -- if you haven't planned so already, I would get wiring drops for some undercounter lighting and consider some task lighting on that island.

• Andrew.K
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, gooster. Yes, we have a layout that I will try to scan and post. Truth be told, we have not given much thought about lighting, but you are absolutely right. We'll bring it up with our electrician tomorrow.

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

ok - the suspense is killing me. I'll be looking forward to this read every evening!!! Do you have an ETA?

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer