Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two groups fabricators should belong to?

Posted by sarina (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 17:01

One I know of is Marble Institute of America what is the other group? Would you use a place that was not in this groups? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two groups fabricators should belong to?

I'd use a fabricator that wasn't in either group. I don't know that belonging to either of those groups has any bearing on the quality of a fabricator's work.

o

In my experience, it doesn't mean squat. You expect they will know and follow the industry standards promoted by the organization, but don't even seem to be aware they exist, lol. So I give that "credential" no real credibility. Some just require a membership fee to belong, from what I've heard. I'm sure some of the members do take the whole thing quite seriously, though.

o

Okay good to know because the guy that has the granite I picked out is not a member of those two groups . The second I can not remember had it written down somewhere from findstone. The fabricator I picked out is a both an importer and a fabricator. Not sure you can take his stones elsewhere I did not ask. He is a member of the Home Builders Association. He also has a A plus rating with BBB. Has done a lot of work and in business since 2008 . I believe he listed having done over 5000 kitchens . Should I ask to see a few customers he has done work for in their kitchens? He also has a big operation and the CNC machine and all that stuff. Does 3 d mock up so you can see it in advance.

o

Honesty, I would be more concerned about the quality of the work than ANY membership in any group or any ratings by any "consumer" groups. If the fabricator you're considering has done 5,000 kitchens, there must be a few installations you can look at. Look closely at everything, not just a quick glance of the job ... the seams, the sink cut out, the overhang, the edging, the way the sink is installed, the flow of the stone's pattern, etc. I used a fabricator that two of my siblings used, so I was able to see the work and get first-hand references from people I trust.

o

Yes was going to ask him if I can see some of their jobs. I guess that is something that most do so they should not be opposed to it .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here