Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisamariess

Is there an Internet source for reasonibly priced cabinet pulls?

lisamariess
16 years ago

Is there a place on the Internet where you can get some kitchen pulls at a reasonable price? I am sure someone has asked this question before, but I couldn't really find it using the search engine.

I found one I like, but thinking maybe the ORB version:

http://www.homedecorhardware.com/801-an.html

Has anyone seen a knock off of something like this? What I like about it is the pineapple detailing.

Thank you!

Comments (17)

• rhome410
    16 years ago

I don't know about the particular style you are looking for, but I like hardwarehut.com, but will probably order most of ours off Ebay. Some fantastic prices on nice looking hardware there. Also, the company who has lightingdirect and faucetdirect have a division that has cabinet hardware (pullsdirect.com). I've ordered from the lighting and faucet sites and have been very happy with prices and service.

• Alyce Venice
    16 years ago

Hi, The best I found for basic is myhomehardware on ebay.
    I can't believe how much time I have spent looking for knobs and pulls. What I chose with my cabinets had to be sent back as they were too small and I have those drawers that auto close so you need somehing substantial to open them. We are making the handles for the subzeros I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars for one two handles. Go EBAY

• vjrnts
    16 years ago

Lee Valley Hardware. Badly laid out web site, you have to kind of dig to find what you want, but they have a huge selection.

Here is a link that might be useful: LV Hardware Index

• MariposaTraicionera
    16 years ago

Lee Valley is a wonderful company. You can order samples, and if you change your mind, return them for a refund.

I ended up buying mine through Mockett.com. Another great company, but what I wanted was more clean looking than LV, plus mine were actually made in Denmark and so many out there are now being made in China.

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

I bought mine through Sonoma Cabinet Hardware--an online store on eBay. Really good quality and reasonably priced as well.

• pharaoh
    16 years ago

ebay

• kren_pa
    16 years ago

i'll second valinsv's recommendation. we got antique pewter pulls from sonoma hardware and they are very nice. we saved at least 3.50 per pull and that is compared to the lowe's price. very reasonable!

• basnjas
    16 years ago

I just received mine today! Actually, I had ordered a sample of a Top Knobs handle to check out the color and size. After over a month of getting nothing, I finally found a seller on eBay that sold a similar look but for less than half the price. I placed the order on Thursday and they arrived today.

The place that I bought from was homedecorhardwaredepot.

Of course, the day that I placed the order, the Top Knobs one came in the mail. Guess what? It was the wrong item! I didn't even have to open the package to figure out that it was too small to be the one that I ordered. They sent me an M645 instead of an M654. I just hope I can send it back for a full refund. If it took over a month to get one wrong item, how long would it have taken to get over 50 correct items, in 5 different styles?

• mcubed
    16 years ago

myknobs.com

I got an amazing deal on my stainless bar pulls (36 total) cost me less than $300. Quality is great, no tax, no shipping and my order came in correct.

Google "myknobs.com coupon" to see if there are any coupon codes for an additional discount. I rec'd an extra 5% off.

• lisamariess
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just wanted to thank you all for your responses. I will be checking out the sites you recommended!

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

I bought Top Knobs brand from directdoorhardware.com. MUCH less expensive than buying from the high end stores. And they are the same product.

• amsunshine
    16 years ago

I've ordered hardware from Sonoma, myknobs.com and directdoorhardware.com. Here's my 2 cents: The knobs I ordered from Sonoma were cheap, but of awful quality. And then, when I emailed the seller, my emails were never returned. My advice is whoever you order from - order samples first. It may save you a lot of frustration.

Myknobs.com were great -- good sample policy. Then, KitchenKelly posted about directdoorhardware.com, and I realized I could have gotten all my top knobs for cheaper than at myknobs.com. Waaaah! :-( But I was extremely happy with my hardware, so what the heck!

Then, when my kitchen was almost finished, I changed my mind about the knobs on my pantry and wanted pulls instead. I ordered them from directdoorhardware.com and was very pleased with their prices and fast shipping. Both of these latter sites are recommended, with the latter being a bit cheaper and I'd say even a bit faster with shipping. (At least for me with Top Knobs).

• sanborn5
    16 years ago

You Would think that this is a life or death situation, but I can not believe how much I stressed over this.
    I have ordered over 5 samples and gone to at least a dozen stores. I am happy to report I have found my knobs and pulls. They are emtek, cup pulls and knobs in the satin nickle and the same in polished chrome for the guest bath.
    They sell for (cup pulls) around $10.00 and I found them on the internet for around $6.00. The site is Varndarn a division of Goleco Decor. The order is going in today. Another site with good pricing was the homedecorhardware someone else mentioned. Doesn't it feel good when a decision is made? On to my next stress issue. Lighting!!

• teachbls
    16 years ago

Consider horton brasses; I bought the hardware of my dreams there for less than half of what Crown Point quoted me. They are fabulous, imo.

• lisa_sandiego
    16 years ago

I went to Home Depot Expo. Found the one of my dreams. Googled the maker and model #. Saved more than $3/handle including S&H. I needed 75 handles, so the savings was substantial.

• susan4664
    16 years ago

I had a great experience with myknobs.com

I needed multiple sizes of the same handle, and they had it, along with other options in the same collection. I changed my mind a couple of times and made some returns and they were great. In fact, out of 15 handles, two had some pitting when I received the order. I called and told them and they sent replacements out asap.

• imrainey
    16 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I just ordered from Sonoma Hardware.

It's frustrating not to be able to feel it but at $40 including shipping I guess I can take a chance and did based on your good experiences.

Thanks again!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths