Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much more is silestone quartz v. level 2 granite?

Posted by heidia (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 16:58

I saw a sample of silestone's lyra today and fell in love...I am told it is more than granite(getting an exact quote), but dying to know if it is even possible. :( We are priced at a level 2 granite...I thought we could probably swing a low level 3 if we had to. I am wondering how much more silestone is than the granites...anyone know roughly?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much more is silestone quartz v. level 2 granite?

We found that for the difference, just get whichever one really speaks to you. You're going to live with your counters for a long time. We are between Silestone Lagoon and honed black absolute. The difference is a few hundred dollars. You should call Silestone and find the closest distributor to see a full slab. We're going to drive into Chicago to see our Lagoon. It's worth the hour and half so I can start sleeping again.

o

in general silestone is more expensive per sq. ft. that lower level granites. this is partly because of the price per sq. ft. the fabricator pays for the slab and also because doing the job in quartz often has a higher waste factor than in granite as the granite slabs are usually larger and sometimes much larger. i would expect at least $5 - $10 per sq. ft installed.

o

Thank you all-see, if it is 500-1000 more, I am actually okay with that. 2,000 more? Not doable. BonnieMcClean3-I will do that-great idea as I love the small sample but would love to see how it varies wider. I just love it so much though!

o

I ordered Silestone Quasar and it was $85/sq. ft. The sink cutout was under $300. I also priced Cambria and was told it was $80 a sq/ft. but the total price was always about $500 higher than Silestone. Go figure.

o

I also saw the slabs in person and it was definitely worth seeing them but I only had to travel about 5 miles!

o

Corgimum-thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here