Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IKEA White Counter

Posted by ENMc (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 16:57

Does anyone here have an IKEA white counter? I really love the high gloss white counters made by .... hhmmmm, who? Why can't I think of it? Anyway, I want a dazzling white, no dots, no nothing but pure white. I want a thick, wide counter, maybe a waterfall style.

Can someone tell me what IKEA white looks like? The quality, I assume, is good...I mean, the cabs get high marks, right? So counters should be ok, too.

I have always had kitchens (rentals) with formica counters and while I don't like the look, I do love the abuse they take. I have always been able to put a hot pan, right out of the oven, directly on the counter.. no damage, at all. I'd love to do the same with IKEA.

Thanks,

E

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IKEA White Counter

Actually, the only white counter directly from ikea is their laminate, which isn't worth it. The actual laminate sheet is thinner than with most other laminate tops. You can purchase other kinds of countertops through ikea, but except for the butcherblock (which is a great buy) it's just like buying caesarstone or granite or whatever through any big box store--they just contract it out and take a cut.

o
RE: IKEA White Counter

It sounds like you're describing corian. Ikea sells it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here