Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
camg_gw

First crack at cabinet layout... thoughts?

CamG
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I think this is coming along well. The drafters are putting together the plans, and we're making decisions as we go. It will be time shortly to get the kitchen together. Below I have the base and upper layout. My goals are to do this on a budget and to have lots of natural light, while maintaining usefulness of the kitchen. The upper corner is a deadspace cabinet, accessed from the cabinet nearest the window. I like the current set up in that it puts the range and fridge flanking the island. I put a deeper upper cabinet recessed for the microwave, that cabinet is to the right of the range. This destroys the symmetry around the range, I know, but we don't want it below the counter, and since we're recessing the fridge, it works pretty well right there. And we are keeping the double-wide desk, I know its unpopular, but that's not changing! :)

Please let me know your thoughts--any ways to improve? Cut down on costs? Etc? (And thanks to mpagmom's amazing layout, which I looked at frequently!)

Base:

Upper:

Comments (3)