Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash Material for New Venetian Gold Granite

Posted by cherri (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 11, 08 at 16:40

Like many others trying to decide on a backsplash material and style. We have custom maple cabinets in a custom blend stain called Ashley - it's a medium to light stain that looks like it's been glazed (sorry no pic's). We have several cabinets with glass fronts, crystal round pulls, stainless appliances, and new venetian gold granite. Am leaning towards a tumbled marble. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash Material for New Venetian Gold Granite

I have new venetian gold granite as well. My cabinets are creamy with brown glaze. I did a brown iridescent glass tile. I do not know how to post a pic but if someone can give a pointer I will post one.

o

jackie,

You need to open up a free account at a photo hosting site. I use Photo Bucket. Then you download your photos there, and copy the HTML code (they give you four options pick HTML to embed the picture in the text message)and add it to your post. I resisted for a long time, imagining that it was harder than it really was. Now I can take a pic, download and insert in a message in minutes!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Bucket

o

raehelen - thanks for the info. That sure was easy.

Photobucket

o

jackienmcg

Do you love your new venetian granite? What kind of floors did you do? I have cream cabinets and I am considering doing that granite or Giallo Ornimental

o

I have new venetian gold and selected tumbled stone for the backsplash in a chiaro color. You can see it in my thread entitled "Finally Finished (Well Almost)". Because New Venetian gold is pretty neutral, I think there are lots of styles/colors of tile that would look nice. I didn't want anything too dark or brown because MY cabinets are more mid tone and I didn't want the backsplash to look cave-like (I think the brown glass tile looks nice with jackiemcg's cabs but would have seemed very dark with mine).

o

I do love the Venetian Gold. Giallo Ornamental was our second choice (they are so similar). A friend of ours has Giallo Ornamental and they did the tumbled marble. Their cabinets are similar to mine as well and it looks beautiful. Our floors are oak in a natural finish. You can see them in the thread entitled "island different color then cabinets".

o

Hi!
I also have New Venetian Gold and chose a tumbled travertine subway tile in Noce. We have creamy white cabinets and have dark wood floors(like a walnut stain). I'm sorry I can't post a picture-I don't even have one yet. We are very happy w/the NVG.

Good luck,
Nancy

o

I am so unsure of what kind of back splash to get. My kitchen is a VERY small galley. I'm doing Pearl (off white) cabinets, new venetian gold granite, pale yellow walls with white trim, wood floor, SS appliances and off white and black toile valances. Back splash help is needed - Thanks a zillion. This is soooooo frustrating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here