Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen lighting - photo included

Posted by bearandmeg (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 16:33

Id like to put 5" cans on the perimeter and 2-3 pendants over the island. Just not sure of how many and placement.

Some measurements:
Room size is 14'x15'. Island is 36"x84".

Windowside is 163" Range is 30". Window is 36". Sink is 30". Hood is 26" deep.

Bar side is 75" from cabinet face to counter edge. There are 2 21" glass door cabinets flanking a 36" wine rack.

The room is open to the dining room. The cans will be on a 3 way dimmer accessible from both entrypoints. Same for the pendants.
There will be undercabinet led strips separately switched.

Sorry about rambling, 1st post on this and not sure what/how much info to include. Posted in lighting section as well in case thats a better forum.

Can email overhead diagram if that helps.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen lighting - photo included

Bear
We put in 5 inch cans but learned it limited options in the LED world. If I had it to do over, I would have used 6 inch cans. Fortunately DH decided on the 3000K vs 2700k. He thinks light should be white. 2700 looks more like standard bulbs and less options for 5 inch.
PS I decided the 3000 are fine.

o

Bearandmeg - yes, please post planned overhead diagram. We too used the 6" Crees, but the 2700's, vs. a2gemini's (warmer light). These are very powerful lights and can dim down to 5 percent, with the right dimmer.

o

overhead

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here