Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
callmejane

island lighting help

CallMeJane
10 years ago

Hi all,

I selected my fixtures a while ago, but now that most of the kitchen is in, I dont like what I chose for above the seating island. Not to mention I need down lighting. I am not sure if I should use the fixture to 'sway' the feel of the kitchen either.

Its not the best picture of the kitchen, in terms of color scheme, but there are two islands-one cooking, and one seating that are both a warm brown walnut-esque stain. The countertops will be a white macaubus all around, and I was going to use the backsplash to try and warm things up a bit as well. And there's more cabinetry being blocked by the wing wall. The back of the curved island, that you see bare right now, will have a warmer earth tone ledgestone, with an overhang.

The vent box Im trying to get rid of. There's a support beam dead center of where the vent should be, so they had to build a box to hide curving the duct to center. But my hood is stainless steel with a glass canopy.

I was looking at stainless steel fixtures vs drum lights. I would need something with at least 3 lights. I feel drum lights would make it more formal....not that its a bad thing. Maybe I should wait till countertops are in? Current fixtures are on a truck somewhere, so thats why I was looking now.

Thoughts??

Thanks!