Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tab (Finger) pulls on drawers

Posted by jerzeegirl (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 16:26

I really like Tab Pulls (also called Finger Pulls) and was hoping to install them on my new frameless cabinet drawers. Do these pulls sit on the top edge of the cabinet and screw in from back? Do you have to cut a groove in the top of the cabinet or is there enough clearance between the drawers that a tab pull would be useable. I can't seem to find any installation information.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is what they look like.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tab (Finger) pulls on drawers

There was enough room between my drawers for those mockett pulls.without preparing a mortise.

o

ikea has models like this now. Klippig and Blankett. Also, a Richelieu hardware distributor can sell you 12 feet length of an extrusion like 318612170 or 3186120 and you cut your own handle lengths from it. I have all these. Yes, they sit on the top edge of the drawer fronts and screw in from the back.

o

I purchased the same pulls for use in my kitchen and one bathroom. The bathroom vanity was custom made and the local cabinet maker sunk the pulls into the top of each drawer/door so the tops are flush. The kitchen cabinets (frameless) were ordered from other suppliers. I'll put the pulls on the drawers/doors myself. There's enough clearance between them so that the pulls will fit with no need to cut into the wood.

These are great pulls, by the way. The cabinet maker wanted to use Hafele instead but there was no comparison. The Hafele metal isn't as heavy, the tab sticks out farther, the underside of the tab is square rather than the rounded style of the Mockett, and the squared edge isn't as thick as the Mockett rounded one.

o

We have two cabs with finger pulls. We used black Hafele pulls (so the pulls would "blend-in" with the black granite counter just above them).

Here's the cab door with finger pull, closed (far end of the pic/island):

Island-sink wall facing side

Here's the door, open:

Kick Heater Switch, et al cabinet

Doors didn't need to be routed in any way. Pulls were just screwed on (inside the door), and there is plenty of clearance.

o

This is VERY helpful!

How many pulls do you suggest for 30" drawers? I am thinking probably better to do two per drawer than one in the middle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here