Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Blanco sink with Kashmir Gold?

Posted by luvtodeco (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 16:23

Kashmir Gold (on the lighter side of KG) install in about 2 weeks. Want to go with Blanco Silgranit 1-3/4 double bowl (low divide). Old yellow/orange cabs were recently refinished with General Finishes Espresso gel stain (worked with coating so more reddish hue on the doors with visible grain--thanks GW members for the ideas!!!). Wood floor is English walnut. DH likes Blanco in anthracite which would match cooktop and oven, but I have seen this combo at a neighbor's house and thought sink was way too dark for KG granite. I am thinking biscotti color. Anyone used this combo? Any lingering concerns about staining with lighter color? Thoughts/suggestions? Photos?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Blanco sink with Kashmir Gold?

The biscotti color looks pretty, but you never know if it is going to match or clash without holding them up against each other. Choosing a complementary color might be a safer choice if you can't easily return the biscotti color. I think "black" is a little harsh, maybe consider Swanstone Espresso granite sink or I am sure Blanco has a similar color. I wouldn't worry at all about choosing a light color though since these sinks are stain proof.

o
RE: Which Blanco sink with Kashmir Gold?

Email Blanco and you will have samples in about a week. I have Biscotti. It matches my Caesarstone Buttermilk, which is a beige. My tile floor has gold tones and it all coordinates.

No, it doesn't stain. At all. Ever. You never have to scrub this sink. If you get a blackberry spot for instance, wipe it off with a little baking soda.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here