Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Could you please tell me the pros and cons of....

Posted by boone_2009 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 16:20

...beveled subway tile?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Could you please tell me the pros and cons of....

To me, it looks new. One of the distinctive things about old subway is that it has zero bevel. eg, like Subway Ceramics

o

Good point, mtnrdredux.

Do you think it might be good for a transitional-style kitchen, though?

Also, do the bevels make it more of a stain-catcher?

o

Here is somewhat of a con ... when you install your switch plates on top of your tile, there will be gaps where the bevels are.

o

I love the look of beveled subway tile...looks 'chunky' and dimensional. I almost chose it for my guest bath but opted for the flat, only for the ease of cleaning. But I say, if you love it, a little extra elbow grease won't bother you :)

o

I have beveled subway in my kitchen and love it. I don't think it's different than flat tile to take care of.

o

I think that the dimensionality adds interest and more texture than regular subway tile, and I too think that it makes an area look "updated" yet classic.

o

jellytoast: I did read about that; is there any way at all to eliminate that gap? I can't change the location of the outlets now.

Nan57 and ilene-84: I like the beveled look more and more as I keep comparing it to my flat sample, so it's nice to hear from both of you that you love this tile!

firsthouse_mp: My thoughts, exactly!

Do white beveled tiles differ a great deal in both the nature of the gloss and the beveling, in different stores? I've noticed in pictures online, that some tiles look more 'classy' than others, if that makes any sense :-).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here