Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
West elm clear glass pendants? Anybody?

Posted by thedork (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 16:12

Love the look and the price - not sure about the quality? Anybody? Do they look too big ( 10.5'' diameter ) for a 3x4 island?
Would love to have something simple, clear glass but dramatic :)

Please share your thoughts. Thank you!

http://www.westelm.com/products/industrial-pendant-glass-w682/?pkey=e:clear%2Bglass%2Bball%2Bpendant%2Blight:16:best:0:1:24::1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH::NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: West elm clear glass pendants? Anybody?

I have nothing to add (other than I think it looks good) but thought an easier link would help people find it and weigh in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Easier link to follow

o

Thank you Swfr!

o

I like it and can see one or possibly two of them over your island. However, why don't you mock up the pendants using balloons blown up to the approximate size, tied to string, and taped to the ceiling over your island. I did this and it was really, really helpful. If your island's not in yet, mock that up with cardboard boxes as well.

o

Too large ....10.5' in diameter x 2 fixtures for a 36"x48" island won't work.

You could use these from Restoration Hardware. They're only 5' in diameter $99.

Lowes and HD have some bare filament pendants also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clear Glass Cloche Light

o

Thank you both!

Beverly: I looked at those but I am not a big fan of the black wire - would prefer something with clear or silver. They are great though! Will check them on more time.
Do you thin I should stay close to 8" or even need to go smaller - 5- 6''? Thank you!

o

I also need line voltage pendants since for low voltage I would need a transformer - my line is regular voltage - open for suggestions - thank you!

o

http://www.feiss.com/FS-P1234RI.JPEG

These are the ones I have chosen and might work. The glass is clear, despite looking kind of smoky in the picture.

I have no idea what the "low voltage" thing is that you mention so I don't know whether these would work in that regard.

Here is a link that might be useful: feiss urban renewal mini pendant

o

I don't have anything to say about this exact fixture, but I have a West Elm chandelier in my dining room, and the quality seems good. Also, everyone loves it :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here