Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Kitchen and Insurance

Posted by Takkone (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 16:07

If someone has kitchen their remodeled with new high-end appliances, should they contact their insurance company and report the new purchases for coverage?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Kitchen and Insurance

Take pictures, keep receipts, put in high rated fire proof metal safe (like Sentry-no affiliation) or lock box. Document all the work done too. You're wise to think insurance "what ifs".

o
RE: New Kitchen and Insurance

yes, you probably need to contact them. Insurance is rated as builder's grade kitchen, upgraded kitchen, custom kitchen and mine was at builder's grade so that must be automatic. They upped my insurance for the high end faucets/sinks, granite, french doors, cherry cabinets, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here