Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to stop getting emails for a specific thread

Posted by island (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 16:04

Is there a way to discontinue getting emails to a specific thread once I've responded and clicked the "Check here if you would like post replies mailed to you"?

I'm plagued by that stupid " I would like to see less garbage disposals" thread that just wont die! Please tell me if there is a way to stop getting notices of the replies without discontinuing the replies for everything else.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to stop getting emails for a specific thread

Easily! Just link back to the thread, scroll down to the bottom, and click the "If you no longer wish to receive notifications for this message" button.

(I've felt the same way, many a time!)

o

P.S. I've been meaning to check back IN on that thread to see why still active....

o

OMG how did I miss that. I see it here. Maybe because I couldn't stomach the thought of scrolling to the bottom of that waste of space? Yeah that and I must be blind.
Thank you Old Bat knowing I can stop that worthless thread from hitting my inbox makes my day!

o

Oldbat I spoke too soon.
This: "If you no longer wish to receive notifications for this messaage" and the chick here button is not found in the Post a Follow-Up box for that message! At least not for me.

UGHHHH!!!

This post was edited by island on Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 19:37

o

Did you click on the e mail message in your box, then open the forum from that message? I did it for a message I just received and it has the "If you wish..." in the email response section.

Sorry you are receiving so many e mails. People must like to talk about garbage!

Karen

o

It's there for other messages, like this one, but not the garbage one. Must be a glitch. I'll email GW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here