Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spagano

Bisque Appliances

spagano
11 years ago

Hi All. I thought I remembered a post about bisque appliances. I know they color is not popular at all but when I did my kitchen 8 years ago that's what I chose. I didn't want stainless (fingerprints), couldn't afford any of the Viking custom color appliances or all wood panels so bisque it was. I love them (except for the handles that get grimy) and thought I'd show them off. All are Kenmore except for the cooktop which is Frigidaire. I think a few people said the liked bisque but if not... be kind ;)

(ignore the file name, need to change it)

Comments (18)

• spagano
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I can never get more than one photo in!!

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Very soothing!

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

I love 'em! I've got them also. I don't like white, SS or black.

• melaska
    11 years ago

I think they are lovely! I would love to see your whole kitchen - the cupboards look like something I would like. Do you have full kitchen pics with details? :)

• deedles
    11 years ago

I think bisque appliance look nice installed... for some reason sitting on the showroom floor surrounded by white and stainless not so much. But look how good yours look in the wood cabs.

• phoggie
    11 years ago

When I asked about them at my Sears, I was told that when their supply ran out, they will not be making any more and advised me not to buy them and I thought I wanted bisque...bummer.

• Weedpuller1954
    11 years ago

I'm fairly new to these forums, but I was beginning to think I was the only person on the planet that didn't love stainless steel or pro-style appliances! I have the same Kenmore refrigerator as you Spagano, and also have a bisque gas range, micro/hood, and dishwasher. I'm glad to see there are at least a few other renegades out there! For the record: I also don't want a granite countertop, hardwood floors (I prefer linoleum in the kitchen), or tiled backsplash (hate grout).

• kaismom
    11 years ago

I have always like bisque and almond kitchen appliances. I prefer them to stark white or stainless.

I also buy ivory colored sheets and ivory colored towels over white!

Unfortunately, white and bisque appliances often get the textured plastic for handles and they do not age well. I wish the would make them with nicer handles that last. That would make the appliances look so MUCH better.

• LE
    11 years ago

I"ve always liked them more than white, too. I'd still be buying them if it was an option!

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

"I also don't want a granite countertop, hardwood floors (I prefer linoleum in the kitchen), or tiled backsplash (hate grout)."

same here on all of those! I don't even want tile in the bathrooms. And my whole place will most likely end up having a floating vinyl floor.

bisque is just a cream color.

• Weedpuller1954
    11 years ago

Desertsteph, I'm with you on the bathroom tile, also. I had an awful time convincing a designer that I wanted a solid surface in my shower.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

I thought I remembered a post about bisque appliances.

I cannot find the previous post on bisque appliances, either! Weird...

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

I think its cool to use bisque appliances but they look very white on my computer.

Just wondering how it looks next to items which are white?

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

Maybe it depends on the color of your kitchen but I like my stainless fridge and oven because they fade into the background more than white did.

• thirdkitchenremodel
    11 years ago

While perusing this thread I realized I will have one appliance in each color when I'm done with my remodel:

Bisque range
    White fridge
    Stainless advantium
    Panel ready dishwasher

My mom wants bisque appliances. I hope they don't completely go away before she is ready to remodel!

• spagano
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've been away from my laptop so haven't answered. Sorry! I don't have any other kitchen pics but will take some this week and share the details. As mentioned the kitchen was done a bit over 8-years ago but, for the most part, I still love it. I'll post the details with the pics. They do look white"ish" in the above pictures. I'll try to get a shot with a pure white next to them.

The kitchen shown above is so pretty and I think the stainless looks great.

I've nothing against stainless except the fingerprints :) As for the counter top (mine is Corian in Terra) I like granite but am clumsy and granite is hard.

I'll only be in this house for about another year and am so glad I found GW before I start on my next house (hopefully building).

• jerzeegirl
    11 years ago

I am a bisque lover also! The biggest problem with bisque is that if you do not buy the same brand for all your appliances you might get different shades of "bisque".

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

jerzeegirl - i got my stove and dw from the same person and they're both GE (I think) and match fine. My sink I got from someone else on CL but it also looks like a good match. The odd ball out might end up being my original - the fridge. I keep thinking it's a bit darker but every time I go over there to get ice I'm surprised at how light it is. I think it might be an Admiral (from 14 yrs ago). But it won't bother me - they'll be close enough in color and the fridge will be at least 2' from the closet other thing - the sink.

I think it must be biscuit that is a bit yellowish. At least my sister's bathroom sinks look like that to me. Almond is darker - more tannish. My appliances just look like cream.