Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Super Susan help!!!

Posted by cabman (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 26, 08 at 15:42

I am building a high end kitchen for a client. Their KD speced in a 39" corner cabinet with a Super Susan in it. I can not locate anyone that sells the units seperately. Does anyone know where to buy the units without the cabinet? I would even buy the mechanism without the shelves if that is possible. Also the largest lazy susan I can find is a 32" which fits a 36" base cabinet. We are trying not to alter the dimensions of the other cabinets to make the smaller corner unit work. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Super Susan help!!!

try kitchensource.com - they have a bunch

o

Not helping, I know...but I'd rather have a wider drawer base or cabinet than a wider corner cabinet...so if it were me I'd say please change the cabinet dimensions!

OR...could you just buy the 32" one for the hardware and then replace the rotating shelves w/bigger shelves that you make? Something like this? Rev-A-Shelf 32" Full Circle Bamboo Lazy Susan -2 Shelf Set - Bamboo-Natural

Is the hardware not available by itself anywhere???

o

I'm sorry, but it seems a bit, well, strange, that a cabinet maker wouldn't know where to source their hardware.

o

Check out this:

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/kitchen_corner.php

o

For those who offered help, I say thanks. I will check out those sources. To "live wire oak" I say why bother with such a reply. My parents always told me....if you don't have something nice to say....don't say it.

o

6'' diameter; 500# capacity at the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Lazy Susan Hardware

o
More

12'' diameter; 100# capacity

Here is a link that might be useful: Casey's Wood Products

o
oops!

Cabman--the 12'' D swivel bearing has a one thousand pound capacity, not 100# and is sposed to be usable for turntables up to 40'' D.

o

Thanks again for the help. I am familiar with most of the swivels in the links you guys supplied. The weight is not the problem. I need the swivel shelf to have the pie shaped cutout for the corner doors. So the swivel mechanism needs to have a positive stop so it always comes to a rest in the right spot to shut the doors. I don't want the clients to have to line the shelf up each time they want to close the doors. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. Thanks again!

o

Hi Cabman, this may be what you are looking for. Pricy hardware, but good quality.

http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/GroupID/Lazy Susans/CatID/Flat Lazy Susan Bearings/showprod/1

o

Thanks,cinamom.....that may work. I will order 2 and try them out. Thanks again!

o

I just saw these while checking out a supplier mentioned in another post. Thought it might be what you were looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lee Valley tools

o

cabman, did the hardware that cinamom suggested work for you? I need the same type of thing for the same setup.

o

I didn't get them yet. I will post up when they arrive.

o

I was at a kitchen display this week and they had a super susan set up differently. There was a piece of plywood (maybe 12"x12") installed on the shelf which acted as a spacer. The bearing hardware for the susan was installed onto that spacer. This lifted the storage platform just enough for a single roller catch with a mating metal "detent" (for lack of a better word) to be installed below the platform. I'm having a hard time describing this well, but it was quite simple. You wouldn't need a specialty bearing with an integral detent for this, just adjust the seperate catch/stop unit to the proper position. Unfortunately, I didn't find the hardware they used with a quick google, but thought the info might be useful. Good luck!

o

Well, I have this sorted out. I found Omega National. They seem to be the original source of the Super Susan. They only sell through distributors. Turns out that my original hardware supplier does do business with Omega. The first CS rep didn't know what she was doing. The TR12D turntable that cinamom found from wwhardware.com is the exact swivel used in the Super Susan. This is the one with the detent. I still can not get a larger shelf unit then 32" but I can get the TR12D and make my own shelves to fit a 39" corner cabinet. Thanks to all that offered help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here