Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

Not liking my faucet: too big for scale of kitchen?

Marie Tulin
10 years ago

The faucet I chose is the Delta Deluca.
Height: 15.5
spout 9.5
sp reach 9.5

Kitchen: ceiling is about 7.5 feet (old, old, old house), so cabinents are proportionately low.
Now that it is installed (of course) it looks huge. It's height is taller than cabinent bottoms. It looks bulkier than the window mutions.(sp?)
Is Delta Trinsic less bulky? It is the same height, spout is 1" shorter (8.5)
I have felt strongly inclined to Delta because of its magnetic docking for pull-downs; its overall good reviews and price points
I don't use commercial-sized cookware. and my baking sheets have 5 inches clearance from sink bottom to faucet . Seems like I could go with a shorter gooseneck, if one exists.
Sorry pix are so small. I haven't learned how to re size yet
Thanks so much
photo
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (14)

• karen_ohio
    10 years ago

I am inclined to leave it as is since it gives you the needed clearance for pots, etc. If you could find a faucet that gives the 9.5" clearance to the sink, then I would change it. I am finding all of the pull down faucets are high, I suppose to support the system better.

Karen

• sas95
    10 years ago

When we first had our faucets installed they looked HUGE to me and I was not thrilled. After a day or two they looked just fine. Just something new to get used to. Give it some time.

• herbflavor
    10 years ago

put some potted plants or pottery on the window sill...it won't look so stark.....I think it's fine....you'll adjust and like it.

• Marie Tulin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'll do both. Wait. See if I like it. the shelf will be cluttered soon, probably not with pottery.
    Has any one heard of a 9.5 pull down? I couldn't figure out how to search for one without reading indiviudal specs.

wouldn't be surprised if it was the prep sink faucets, and they are too small.

• blfenton
    10 years ago

I don't think it's out of scale with your kitchen but I do think it might be out of scale with your sink. It's hard to tell as the pics are quite small, but that is my automatic reaction.

• rosie
    10 years ago

I suspect I would have noticed it pretty quickly without your drawing attention to it. To me, once function is satisfied, faucets are best when they, like perfume, wait to be discovered. That said, I agree with waiting to see if it grows on you, figuratively speaking.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I think it is fine - I wish I had gone with the larger version of our faucet - love our faucet but it is a reach for DH.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

What size is your sink? In my photos my faucet looks too big for my sink. In real life, it's fine.

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

You'll get used to it and learn to like it, I think. It was a shock for me, too, at first, seeing that big candy cane at my sink. The Trinsic is tall, too, about as tall as to the bottom of the cabinets.

• Marie Tulin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

blfenton and rosie,
    I agree. The sink looks so small to me, in large part, I think because it doesn't have the big metal rim around it like my 30 year old previous one.

I did some more reading and the pulldowns are all big, as karen noticed.

But I really want a pull down and a good magnet dock, and not pay $500 or more.
    But if someone can find one appropriate to the sink, with the above qualifications I would be one happy camper and cook.

• Marie Tulin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The trinsic's faucet handle not only looks much smaller, but is in front. So visually you don't have that mass of handle to the right or left.
    Don't you think that would make a difference?

• Bunny
    10 years ago

I can't really see the photos to give my impressions of your faucet and sink. But when mine was installed I thought it looked utterly ridiculous and oversized, like a giant phallus. What was I thinking? But that was in a bare kitchen, and I was still reeling from white cabinets and dark counters. Soon stuff went back on the counter and life resumed. I'm fine with it now.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

I can't tell from the photos either, you could be right in your situation, but statement faucets are being done, kind of secondary focal points.

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Plano General Contractors Dallas Renovation Group

pictures on houzz

This post was edited by snookums2 on Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 16:25

RE: Not liking my faucet: too big for scale of kitchen?

I will figure out resizing on photobucket soon!
    Interesting...the whole idea of a statement kitchen,much less a statement faucet, has been eluding me. Now a statement garden, I can get behind that!
    However, I don't to make an unintentional statement of "kitchen remodel- FAIL!"
    Thank you everyone. Idabean/Marie

Post a Follow-Up
    Your Name:

Your Email Address:

Subject of Posting:

Optional Link URL:

Â Â Â Name of the Link:

A copy of your follow-up will automatically be emailed to the original poster.
    Return to the Kitchens Forum

• Marie Tulin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I will figure out resizing on photobucket soon!
    Interesting...the whole idea of a statement kitchen,much less a statement faucet, has been eluding me. Now a statement garden, I can get behind that!
    However, I don't to make an unintentional statement of "kitchen remodel- FAIL!"
    Thank you everyone. Idabean/Marie

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath