Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not liking my faucet: too big for scale of kitchen?

Posted by idabean (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 15:39

The faucet I chose is the Delta Deluca.
Height: 15.5
spout 9.5
sp reach 9.5

Kitchen: ceiling is about 7.5 feet (old, old, old house), so cabinents are proportionately low.
Now that it is installed (of course) it looks huge. It's height is taller than cabinent bottoms. It looks bulkier than the window mutions.(sp?)
Is Delta Trinsic less bulky? It is the same height, spout is 1" shorter (8.5)
I have felt strongly inclined to Delta because of its magnetic docking for pull-downs; its overall good reviews and price points
I don't use commercial-sized cookware. and my baking sheets have 5 inches clearance from sink bottom to faucet . Seems like I could go with a shorter gooseneck, if one exists.
Sorry pix are so small. I haven't learned how to re size yet
Thanks so much
photo
 photo ui2ike6174a790eviewattth1416aa4bb0e_zps951468fc.jpg
 photo ui2ike6174a790eviewattth1416aa3c012_zps7d8edd83.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not liking my faucet: too big for scale of kitchen?

I am inclined to leave it as is since it gives you the needed clearance for pots, etc. If you could find a faucet that gives the 9.5" clearance to the sink, then I would change it. I am finding all of the pull down faucets are high, I suppose to support the system better.

Karen

o

When we first had our faucets installed they looked HUGE to me and I was not thrilled. After a day or two they looked just fine. Just something new to get used to. Give it some time.

o

put some potted plants or pottery on the window sill...it won't look so stark.....I think it's fine....you'll adjust and like it.

o

I'll do both. Wait. See if I like it. the shelf will be cluttered soon, probably not with pottery.
Has any one heard of a 9.5 pull down? I couldn't figure out how to search for one without reading indiviudal specs.

wouldn't be surprised if it was the prep sink faucets, and they are too small.

o

I don't think it's out of scale with your kitchen but I do think it might be out of scale with your sink. It's hard to tell as the pics are quite small, but that is my automatic reaction.

o

I suspect I would have noticed it pretty quickly without your drawing attention to it. To me, once function is satisfied, faucets are best when they, like perfume, wait to be discovered. That said, I agree with waiting to see if it grows on you, figuratively speaking.

o

I think it is fine - I wish I had gone with the larger version of our faucet - love our faucet but it is a reach for DH.

o

What size is your sink? In my photos my faucet looks too big for my sink. In real life, it's fine.

o

You'll get used to it and learn to like it, I think. It was a shock for me, too, at first, seeing that big candy cane at my sink. The Trinsic is tall, too, about as tall as to the bottom of the cabinets.

o

blfenton and rosie,
I agree. The sink looks so small to me, in large part, I think because it doesn't have the big metal rim around it like my 30 year old previous one.

I did some more reading and the pulldowns are all big, as karen noticed.

But I really want a pull down and a good magnet dock, and not pay $500 or more.
But if someone can find one appropriate to the sink, with the above qualifications I would be one happy camper and cook.

o

The trinsic's faucet handle not only looks much smaller, but is in front. So visually you don't have that mass of handle to the right or left.
Don't you think that would make a difference?

o

I can't really see the photos to give my impressions of your faucet and sink. But when mine was installed I thought it looked utterly ridiculous and oversized, like a giant phallus. What was I thinking? But that was in a bare kitchen, and I was still reeling from white cabinets and dark counters. Soon stuff went back on the counter and life resumed. I'm fine with it now.

o

I can't tell from the photos either, you could be right in your situation, but statement faucets are being done, kind of secondary focal points.

pictures on houzz

This post was edited by snookums2 on Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 16:25

o

I will figure out resizing on photobucket soon!
Interesting...the whole idea of a statement kitchen,much less a statement faucet, has been eluding me. Now a statement garden, I can get behind that!
However, I don't to make an unintentional statement of "kitchen remodel- FAIL!"
Thank you everyone. Idabean/Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here