Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pb_abby

Calling Shelly_K.... Pantry plans?

pb_abby
13 years ago

Could I get a copy of your pantry plans? Size, Spacing depth etc of the shelves? I have my trim meeting on Friday and LOVE your pantry!

Thanks!

Comments (5)

• shelly_k
    13 years ago

pb abby -- Sorry, I don't have any plans in a document on my computer. I just drew it out by hand and gave it to my carpenter and I don't have it anymore.

I could take some measurements, though. What specifically would you like to know?

• pb_abby
    Original Author
    13 years ago

how far apart are each of your can shelves and how deep are they. And then how far apart are your shelfs on the back right (where the PB and cake mixes)and how deep are those. I think I'm going to be measuring everything in my house tongiht! Thanks so much for your help. Did you design this all yourself?

• shelly_k
    13 years ago

I will do some measuring tomorrow. Yes, I designed it myself and drew it all out. My carpenter practically died when I showed it to him but I came back in a couple of days and it was done. :) He now says he will not show anyone else my pantry b/c he doesn't want to do it again. :)

I took all my food out and measured and built the design from there. I knew I wanted to store like things together, such as cans, baking items, cooking items, pastas, cereal, etc.. and I knew I wanted a laminate counter in there as a "work" counter with a deep shelf underneath for storing appliances.

I'll get you those measurements tomorrow...

• shelly_k
    13 years ago

Can wall:
    *shelves are 4 inches deep and 8 1/2 inches tall, starting at 18 inches from bottom. (I have 9 foot ceilings in here.)

*Bottom two lower shelves from all the way around are at 18 inches and 36 inches from floor and they are 12 inches deep.

Baking shelves:
    *Start at 54 inches from floor. Bottom baking shelf (where Crisco is) is 9 inches deep. Above that where cake mixes are is 6 inches deep. Bottom two baking shelves are 8 inches high and top two baking shelves are 7 inches tall.

To the left of baking mixes:
    *bottom shelf where oats is is 13 inches tall. Two shelves above are 9 inches tall and all three shelves are 9 inches deep.

Where pasta is:
    15 inches tall and 10 inches deep. Two shelves below pasta are 9 inches tall.

Counter:
    22 inches deep and at 36 inch height as is the snack shelf where cookies are and stuff. (I wanted snacks and cereal within kids' reach).

Shelves above counter:
    11 inches tall and 12 inches deep.

Let me know if you need any other measurements! The top shelf around my pantry is at 88 inches from the floor which is the tallest I can get something up there on my tippy toes. (I am 5'8").

:)

• pb_abby
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you SO MUCH! That is perfect. I'm only 5'5" so I may need a step stool to get to 88"! :) Hopefully the builder doesn't charge me an arm and a leg for this because I really want it.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022