Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use The Cabinet Joint- RTA online co. ?

Posted by Boops2012 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 15:33

They have Scherr- that has gotten good reviews on here. Just wondering if any GW'ers have any experience with this co.?Trying to narrow down the cabinet quotes Ive gotten.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use The Cabinet Joint- RTA online co. ?

Are you sure they sell Scherr? I thought they sold Conestoga cabinets. If its, Scherr, why not just buy direct from Scherr?

o

I've purchased from The Cabinet Joint; Brian Long is great. Definitely Conestoga, though. There are a number of us on this forum who have purchased from him / Conestoga's RTA solution. Note that Conestoga makes the doors and drawer fronts for many high end companies. Their RTA solution is a nice solution for a mid range cabinet.

Here's a picture of the interiors of the cabinets. The vertical dividers and spice racks on the door do not come with the cabinets (DH retrofitted these), but this may give you a feel for how they look. Note the nice interior and solid shelves.

Good luck!

o

They have Conestoga.

If you were to do a search on them, you'd find many people have used them and are quite happy.

I can put together a wall cabinet in about 10 minutes, and that's including waiting for the glue to set.
Brian Long is right on top of things and amazingly communicative, given how I think he might be the one sales guy -- or even the one guy! I don't know.

As of last week, they don't sell Sherr's. I am talking with them about buying some beaded inset face frames.

Can't say enough good things about this outfit.

o

I've been dealing with Rick at The Cabinet Authority. This company is exactly the same type of distributor for Conestoga Cabinets as The Cabinet Joint. Rick has a world of patience, and their product is excellent quality.

o

Oops. I apologize. It is Conestoga.
oldbat2be- Thanks for the photos.They do look good. it helps to get a visual as that sometimes is difficult when purchasing items online,
Thanks everyone for the replies.

o

We just received our refacing materials from the Cabinet joint yesterday. They are Conestoga, not Scherr. I am very impressed with the quality, and packed well, not a scratch or a dent on anything. Brian was very helpful, answered my many questions and concerns with much patience. Now, a question for those of you who have done refacing. It seems there are a lot of different opinions on applying the veneers. We bought the PSA type, to make it easier. Yet some DIY sites say to use contact cement in addition to the preglued veneers, just to ensure a long lasting bond. Others say don't use contact cement if you are using PSA veneers, then there are some who say use water based contact cement, then some say don't use the water based kind, etc. It's very confusing. We don't want to do this job just to have it peel off in a couple of years, so what is best? How well does that PSA really veneer stick? Please, if you can give me the pros and cons I would much appreciate it.

o

Oldbat2be, Conestoga sure looks like nice cabinets! I will have to look into the Cabinet Joint! Thank you everyone!

o

Lynn unless you are DIY, doing put together cabinets makes zero economic sense. Contractor labor will more than eat up any dollar difference.

o

Hollysprings, thanks for reminding me. Unfortunately, I not that handy. I sure wish I would meet a handy husband!

o

I am going to look for someone handy and see what they would charge me to help me as I would love to have hardly any fillers and I love the style doors and colors of these cabinets that look so nice.

o

Lynn2006, get handy.
I'm one who can say that to you because I put my money where my tools are.

These cabinets are easy to put together. I did it myself before I made myself handy.
Let me tell you, "finding" someone handy comes with all kinds of baggage.
If you're going to not do it yourself, definitely pay someone. Then you have a right to have it done your way, and complain if it isn't.

The videos at The Cabinet Joint.com can tell you if you think it's too much to attempt for you. All I need to do this is a hammer, glue, and clamps. (For which bungee cords can be substituted.) Brian (the owner) is very helpful and incredibly patient with someone afraid of doing it wrong. Now, I'm probably one of his biggest success stories!

o

Thank you CEFreeman! After this week of deadlines, I am going to watch the video. I really would love the beaded inset like you are looking at.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here