Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcolo_gw

Marmoleum installers near Boston?

marcolo
11 years ago

Anybody know of a master Marmoleum installer near Boston?

I live in terror of a lippy, gape-seamed mess that will make my floor look like it's suffering a bad sunburn peel. The floor install won't happen for months, but now we have some planning questions that require an expert's opinion, and I'd rather ask the person who will actually do the install.

Also, I need someone Forbo-certified because some of my color choices are available only in the commercial lines.

Thanks!

Comments (13)

• iroll_gw
    11 years ago

Marcolo:

We're on Long Island, NY, and we could only find one locally. Fortunately, they were great, and they do offer nationwide service. They did heat-weld our seams (we have two), and they are flat and as unobtrusive as they could be. The color is Asian Tiger. I'm attaching a picture of one of them, and a link to the website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bakers Flooring

• marcolo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's unbelievable--Forbo doesn't make it easy to find installers, only dealers. So you don't know who is master certified and who isn't.

• cawaps
    11 years ago

Marcolo, you mentioned on another thread that you thought the Marmoleum yellows were too bright. What colors are you looking at?

Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute as far as installers go since I live on the wrong coast.

• deedles
    11 years ago

No, they don't make it easy. I know dang well that there were more installers in my area but how does one find them? I know the guys that did mine are union... maybe finding the union flooring labor hall? It really shouldn't be so difficult. And then, the flooring company that was selling the stuff really didn't know what they were selling. They alway relied upon the commercial flooring guys. Maybe you could look up 'commercial flooring' in your area and get some leads that way?

• MarinaGal
    11 years ago

Bumping..... Marcolo, did you find a master certified Marmoleum installer in the Boston area? I have been asking around, searching on line, and so far drawing a blank. We are ripping up ceramic tile in our kitchen and replacing with Marmoleum. I need someone who can give me solid answers on floor prep, which type of product we should install given the conditions of our remodel, and who will install correctly. I did not realize this would be so difficult.

• kathleencam
    11 years ago

My contractors located in Falmouth, MA installed our Marmoleum in Malden (north of Boston) as part of a larger kitchen reno. You could ask for Rich. Their website is
    www.ikitchensetc.com

• marcolo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've gotten some promises of leads but nothing concrete yet. I'll report back when I found something out.

• MarinaGal
    11 years ago

Thanks, HippoKat and Marcolo.

Someone I know recently saw a Marmoleum floor installed by AJ Rose out of Burlington (or Natick, not sure) so I will put in a call to them and see who they use to install.

I have also emailed all my design savvy friends for leads as well.

• deedles
    11 years ago

Want ad on Craigslist for installers? Whatever you do, try and get an eyeball on some work they've done. That stuff is too expensive for 'hoping'.

• MarinaGal
    11 years ago

Marcolo - Here is what I got - visited the Junior League Showhouse in Newton yesterday and got two independent recommendations for Mitch Petrin (he laid at least one floor there). Then spoke to the owner of AJ Rose and he gave me Mitch's name as well. I will be meeting with Mitch at my house next week (I hope) for a consult. Will let you know how that goes. Have you heard his name?

Deedle - yes, so true, I need to see the work in person!

• boxerpups
    11 years ago

I have heard good things about Longleaf lumber.
    They have Marmoleum Forbo.

I am going to contact them myself for a project after
    Thanksgiving.I'll let you know what I find out

Address: 115 Fawcett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
    Phone: 617-871-6611 or toll free 866-OLD-FLOOR (866-653-3566)
    Fax: 617-871-6615
    Email: info@longleaflumber.com

• MarinaGal
    11 years ago

Thanks, Boxerpups, I will check them out, too.