Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Terra Cotta - colored porcelain subway tiles?

Posted by boone_2009 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 15:28

I've been looking without success for "canyon terra cotta" colored subway tiles in porcelain or ceramic for my kitchen backsplash - *not* glass. Any suggestions where I can find them?

The color I want is similar to this:
http://www.houzz.com/terracotta-bathroom-tiles

Thanks! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Terra Cotta - colored porcelain subway tiles?

I have no idea what these colors look like in real life, but perhaps one of these?

Here is a link that might be useful: Perhaps these in russet?

o

kitchendetective: Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

I had that Solistone tile ( russet) already bookmarked in my Kitchen Folder! It looks darker than what I am aiming for, though :-(. I'm waiting for the sample.

o

Okay, then, how about this one? It looks dark, but it's called terra cotta. Perhaps it's lighter in real life? They will also do custom colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another that I've never seen.

o

Thanks for that link, kitchendetective. I'd never heard of Sttatus Ceramics before.
That tile is beautiful but still too dark - at least on the web.. which of course does not show the true colors of anything in real life!

o

Can you tell I love looking at tile?

Here is a link that might be useful: Another

o

Walter zanger makes them I think they are called Spanish Cotto. Very nice looking. Hope this helps.

o

Wow, kitchendetective, that tile is beautiful ..and so cheap! Thanks!!!!!
robinle: I missed Spanish Cotto while looking at the Walker Zanger website - will look again. We have a showroom very close to our home, yaaay! Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here