Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen advice with backsplash

Posted by tboxer854 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 15:19

Hey all!

I was hoping to get peoples advice on how I should do my backsplash. Here are the three options I am looking at. The tile is just a placeholder, it isn't what I would use.

Option 1: http://d.pr/i/AS2J+. Uneven tile that goes up to the first shelf.

Option 2: http://d.pr/i/2bAj+. Even tile all the way around, falls short of the first shelf.

Option 3: http://d.pr/i/A2SN+. Counter to ceiling tile on both walls.

I am leaning towards option 3, but I am worried about finding a tile that isn't overwhelming.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen advice with backsplash

You might get some responses if you post the photos directly into your post.

o

Lets try this again - option 3:

o

option 2:

o

option 1:

o

I like option 1 - third picture. I assume the tile will really have horizontal lines rather than vertical lines? Not a fan of the vertical look.

o

I don't like the vertical look either.

o

option 2

o

I like option 3.

o

i say it depends on which type/color backsplash, and what color wall you would paint... and maybe even what color your open shelves would be (intentional pop of color?).

any more info?

o

I like them in the order you posted them. First pick, option 3. Second, option 2.

I think option 1 looks pretty imbalanced, though. I think I'd rule it out.

And, I echo others in saying I much prefer tile on the horizontal to the vertical.

o

option 2 for the clean horizontal look it creates for this part of your space. Some tiles would play it up...many would work......don't care for the other two as the tile is some sort of focus...better to have a good overall effect that the tile is a part of, than the tile itself taking the focus.

o

Thanks for the thoughts - I am leaning towards doing a 4 x 4 square offset with a matte finish as the tile.

I am eliminating option 1 and either going with option 2 or option 3.

o

Option 2.
Glad you eliminated Option 1 :-).
Is that the color of your tile, on the right?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here