Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Emerald Green Granite

Posted by ogrose (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 15:15

We went to the showroom today to look at samples of black granite, and among others, came home with a sample of Emerald Green, which to me looks mainly black. However, when checking images on the internet, it looks so much more green. I know the internet is not the place to be looking for true colors, but this did concern me.

Could any of you that have this granite countertop tell me your experience with it - thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Emerald Green Granite

From what I have seen over the years there is a whole range of the Emerald Pearl just like in the Blue Pearl . Which can range from Black to silver to more blue gray to the Royal Blue Pearl which is very blue and hard to find. From what I have seen also the greener Emerald Pearl is harder to find. Both versions are beautiful and should not need to be sealed. Very bulletproof like the Blue Pearl.

o

Thanks, sarina, I am really liking this granite, we have the samples in the kitchen with different lighting. I'm thinking the sample must be the Emerald Pearl even though they tag it as Emerald Green. It's between this and Black Galaxy; we will go to the fabrication place next week to really check out what they have and how we like the larger slabs, then pick out "our" slab. We have medium oak cabinets going in, and the granite place really likes working with them, say they always have level cabinets in place, making it easy to work with. They mentioned they are one of the best cabinet makers in the area, and I'm finding that even though our small kitchen remodel is small potatoes, they have been great so far to work with.

o

That is wonderful :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here