Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annkh_nd

Toaster instructions

annkh_nd
9 years ago

I just bought my sons a toaster for their apartment. I read the directions, and discovered the toaster was more complicated than I imagined.

Under "Before Using for the First Time", the manual suggested I "Wipe the exterior with a damp sloth."

I think the toaster box should bear a large label: "Cleaning sloth not included."

Here is a link that might be useful: Toaster instructions

Comments (29)

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

I suspect I have a cleaning sloth around here.

• eaga
    9 years ago

I'm confused about number 7. This toaster makes smoked cream? Is that a thing? Is it food for the damp sloth? Sheesh, I gotta get out more.

• Swentastic Swenson
    9 years ago

Uhh sorry ma'am. The sloth was on back order - thanks for your patience.

Please sign here. X______________________________

• plllog
    9 years ago

ROTFLOLWAT!!!

Thanks for that!

Make sure your sloth is relaxed, first--it should be a soft sloth as well as a damp one--or it could scratch the finish and you'll need to use the thickened cream to buff it out.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    9 years ago

I'm glad they tell you not to use abrasives. I'm pretty sure the damp sloth wouldn't like that, no matter how relaxed it was to begin with.

• karin_mt
    9 years ago

OMG, and have you all smelled a damp sloth lately? Not pretty, I can assure you.

PS - that guy in the box sure is cute though!

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Oh, this post is hilarious!!!!!!! I'll bet it goes down in GW history alongside some others. I'm working right now, and literally laughing while answering the phone. Thanks to you guys I'm thinking and laughing at a cleaning sloth. Love the pic too of course! LOL

• eaga
    9 years ago

They don't smell so bad if you give them a bath. Gee, this toaster needs a lot of maintenance! First smoked cream, now hibiscus blossoms.

Here is a link that might be useful: Damp Sloths

• gyr_falcon
    9 years ago

oh, boy. I remember my Cuisinart toaster being lower maintenance when it was new. GW forums has a lot of info, but someone should dig up, or start, a "Where do you store your sloth?" thread if this is the new trend in small kitchen appliances.

Thanks for the laugh! :)

• zep516
    9 years ago

Unlike a pop-tart, sloths are not toaster safe.âÂÂ

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I wish I had a cleaning sloth! And a laundry faerie...

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

That is a real hoot!

• brightm
    9 years ago

You guys, it HAS to be because it's the Professional Series toaster. They wouldn't expect you to have a sloth in your home. Restaurants are definitely where damp slots belong.

• Aamich
    9 years ago

Then I bet it is a Professional sloth.

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

Omigosh, I'm still sniffling! I think you should insist they send you that sloth. Obviously, they have multiple uses and make very good pets. Kristen Bell got one for her birthday and didn't make any mention of a toaster.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kristen Bell's birthday sloth

• schicksal
    9 years ago

All you need to know about toasters

• annkh_nd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

tomato, you should have warned me to not watch that at work!

• plllog
    9 years ago

[When washing] baby sloths, there's no need for closepins.

'nuf said. :)

Errant, I once had a visit from an ironing faerie. It was as divine as you might think.

• User
    9 years ago

I think the smoke may have something to do with drying the damp sloth,,,prevents odors and mildew. c

• eaga
    9 years ago

...but it has to be professional, organic smoke.

I've never had a cleaning sloth or an ironing faerie. Just dust bunnies :-(.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Oh my god, I'm dying! This is too funny. I feel like a cleaning sloth. Or a sloth in general. But less fuzzy. That Ellen video was hilarious!

Does their dorm room allow sloths? Maybe he can live in the basement with the laundry faeries.

• socks
    9 years ago

Actually you would need a couple of sloths, a damp one to wipe the toaster and a dry one to "dry thoroughly."

• mamatoad
    9 years ago

I sent a note to customer service asking where I can find a sloth since one was not included and will he become very angry if I dampen him???? Need prompt reply, please.

• joyfulguy
    9 years ago

Hi Annkh,

Have you contacted the manufacturer asking for clarification/further instructions?

o j

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Maybe the thickened cream is for bathing the sloth. Geez, what is this country coming to if we can't think outside the box and be problem solvers?

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

"I suspect I have a cleaning sloth around here."

LOL! (Quick on the draw, kitchendetective!)

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

My daughter has a cleaning sloth; it's called a teenage boy! She'll vouch that it's not that useful.

• jemdandy
    9 years ago

Cleaning sloths have a down side, they are slow.

• akl_vdb
    9 years ago

Too funny! And I love the youtube video on bathing sloths!