Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyurcisin

Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?

nyurcisin
10 years ago

Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble but budget simply won't allow that as an option :( We're looking at granites and of course, nothing is really close to the marble. The only thing I saw that I didn't hate was called Viscont White.

Does anyone out there have this in their kitchen? Are you happy with it? We chose brushed black pearl for the perimeter counters (white shaker cabs) and want the 'marble' look for the island (espresso shaker cabs).

Would love to see your pics, too. Anyone else with marble-envy please feel free to chime in ;)

Comments (153)

• pattyelder
    5 years ago

Love it!

• Kelly Rummins
    5 years ago
    This thread inspired me 3 yrs ago and I posted an early install pic. Here is a 3yr later pic. Still loving it. Love how the pattern runs down the waterfall.
  • pattyelder
    5 years ago

beautiful!

• karin_mt
    5 years ago

swoon!

• sabrinatx
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Ours finally got installed! I’m loving it!!! It’s been raining here a lot. I’m hoping all those dark spots will go away when the slab dries.

• Daniel Dodson
    5 years ago

We really love our viscount white counters. We installed the in the kitchen and 2 baths.

• Daniel Dodson
    5 years ago

Here's the kitchen. Still need to paint the walls lighter. That will make the granite "pop".

• Daniel Dodson
    5 years ago

This our half bath. It was a pedestal sink before. All granite was from two slabs.

• Daniel Dodson
    5 years ago

The island really stands out with the large dark spot. Our only regret is not doing a full height backsplash with the granite along the stove wall. Otherwise, we are really happy with the look.

• Miranda33
    5 years ago

Love your island. It's a good thing you didn't do a full height backsplash in the same granite. It would detract from the beauty because it would become overwhelming. The eye needs a some quiet space or it won't look good. Sometimes you gotta know when to stop gilding the lily.

• Toni Hibbs
    5 years ago

Here is our Final pic! In love with how much brighter it is!

• Toni Hamlett
    5 years ago

Love it, you did a great job. Enjoy

• Emlen House
    5 years ago

We decided on a Tuxedo kitchen with Viscount White counters and full height back splash. So far we love our counters! I think the subtle movement of the back splash and waterfall edge on the island will be the focal highlight of the design. Waiting for the back splash installation...mean time

my husband and I are really happy. Photos of our 2 slabs and of the installed counter tops.

• Toni Hamlett
    5 years ago
    Ellen House - looks really good. The wood shelving adds softness to the space thus enhances the design. Are you doing a backsplash?
  • Emlen House
    5 years ago

Thanks for the comment Bikertoni. Yes, the full height backsplash in Viscount White should be installed within the next week. Will post photo of the finished project.

• Emlen House
    5 years ago

Viscount White - Loving the granite counters and back splash!!!

Viscount White - counters and backsplash in Tuxedo kitchen....loving it!

• pattyelder
    5 years ago

Love the waterfall treatment :)

• Toni Hamlett
    5 years ago
    Elem OMG the finished kitchen with backsplash and waterfall counter is beautiful. I also live your choice of light over sink. Very unique. Great job
  • Claudia_C Davis
    5 years ago

Has anyone done the Visconti white with very light cream shaker cabinets ? I see some cream in it so I’m curious if it would work. Thoughts?

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    5 years ago

following...

• HU-323202212
    5 years ago

Just bought ours this week. Looking forward to eeeing them installed with knotty alder cabinets and espresso contempo flooring. Having a time picking out paint... ideas And pics appreciated.

• brykev
    5 years ago

Really think we're heading down the right road with the viscon white for our kitchen countertops after seeing your pics here. I really prefer the honed finish though. We've seen it in other stones (like our other contender, Virginia Mist), but not the Viscon White. We're told it will dull the contrast some, but haven't seen a picture or any comments. Anybody tried it?

• Emlen House
    5 years ago

Viscon White looks great with off-white or cream and with darker colors. The darker colors like expresso and even brown provide a warm yet chic contrast. The is versatile, its paired with off-white cabinets and a black island in the same kitchen.

• CC
    5 years ago
    This is honed...
  • CC
    5 years ago
    More pics honed, we've had them for 2 years, love them! They have a nice soft look, second pic is below the window with daylight hitting it. I'm so glad I had them honed.
  • taylor_peng
    5 years ago
    Work in progress. IMO the viscon white is perfect for waterfall edges due to the natural movement.
  • Emlen House
    5 years ago

Taylor_peng, Looks beautiful over the island with the waterfall!

• Bes
    4 years ago
    Love my Viscont!
  • HU-133256109
    4 years ago

What color are your walls?

• Bes
    4 years ago
    BM Wales Grey and the Hallway is Weston Flax
  • Bes
    4 years ago
    One more...
  • Lisa
    4 years ago

Looks beautiful! Are your cabinets painted or a stock color? I can’t settle on a white...would love to know what “white” this is.

• Anne Marie
    4 years ago

Bes, what is the overhang on your countertop?

• houzzjah
    4 years ago

Hi CC...would you mind sharing the color & name of your backsplash tile please? TIA!

• CC
    4 years ago
    Hi houzzjah,
    My backsplash tile is from Original Style, the color is Chancel grey, they are 3”x6” but they have other sizes. Website... www.originalstyle.com. I hope that helps, good luck!
  • Sarah Stewart
    4 years ago
    Bes, did you do viscount white for counters too? I love your slab. It is PERFECT
  • Lalit Chhaparwal
    4 years ago

G

• Nodak
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Kitchen · More Info

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread it helped me decide on Silver Cloud for our new home. Doing it in kitchen and all bathrooms and can't wait for it to be installed. They pulled 4 sequential slabs so they assure me they will all look the same.

Sean Adams what are your cabinets exactly, they look alot like the Aristokraft Benton in Flagstone stain we picked and I love your pictures. Nice to see this granite works with white and wood tone cabinets!

• Shannon_WI
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

@Nodak - gorgeous! Make sure you go to the fabricator's template layout for your slabs. That is where you can see, and approve, of where the seams will be, what will be cut-out for the sink, and if there is a particular spot you love, you can make sure it's center stage on an island or something. Also, you will be able to make sure that the vein directions are how you want. This layout step is crucial, and do not skip it! (too many threads on this forum from people who skipped the layout with the fabricator, and oh boy, did they regret it)

• luvbnmimi
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have white cabinets and Viscount white granite counters. I'm doing a tile floor. What do you think about a slate look gray tile? by the way, my granite has more black than gray.

• Maureen Kaltenbach
    3 years ago

Any specific suggestions on wall color with VW counters? Bright white cabinets, satib nickel hardware, white subway tile backsplash, white appliances, and SW Agreeable grey walls in adjacent living room with open floor plan. Looking to bring in some contrast. Thinking of SW Dorian grey or comfort grey. Not much natural light at all in a center unit townhouse. Any suggestions? Completely open To ideas. Thanks!!

• jschlesi
    3 years ago

I’m on the fence with viscount. Have via lactea on the perimeter and wanted a pop on the island. Trying to get some outside thoughts to match the color pallet. Island is going to be 132”x52” so I want a statement but not something that’s going to shout. Already have the via lactea( blacks and greys) on an existing counter (beverage bar) so feel like that has to be continued around the walls.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    3 years ago

Looks like you are going to use a very busy tile, so there is your "pop". Viscount white will work if you can be sure to get a quieter slab because it tends to have the same look (linear veining, and much the same colors that match your planned palette.) Be aware of the problems with this stone, though.

• helaurin93
    3 years ago

@raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio What problems exist with Viscont White/Silver Cloud? Considering it for my kitchen.

• allikit229
    last year

Love my silver cloud. Make sure that your installer seals it because it is like it will stain otherwise.

• allikit229
    last year

It’s a very unique looking granite.

• Memphis Forrest
    last year

Pretty kitchen Allikit!! Here’s mine.

• rosaramalho
    last year

@allikit229 what floor color you bave and island color?

• allikit229
    last year

The island color is sherwin Williams - Wall Street
    Floor color is minwax wood finish - ebony
    The builder mixes the floor color on the spot so I think it can come out slightly lighter or darker.

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living