Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Minneapolis parade of homes kitchens

Posted by aries61 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 15:05

I went to the Minneapolis parade of homes this past weekend and was surprised. Maybe it's a regional thing, but most of the kitchens that I toured had metal drawer boxes. A few had wood dovetail drawers with self closing under mount drawer glides and a few had melamine drawer boxes. The houses were in the $300k to $700 range. I probably toured between 30 to 40 homes. I wasn't impressed with any of the kitchens or homes.

I'm attending the Raleigh, NC parade of homes in 3 weeks and hopefully I'll be more impressed with the kitchens and houses. I've attended the Milwaukee, WI, Madison, WI, and the Louisville, KY parades of homes this year and was most disappointed with the Minneapolis which was the largest parade of homes that I visited.I'm from IL.

Curious, has anyone else toured a parade of homes outside the area they live in? What parade of homes did you attend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Minneapolis parade of homes kitchens

My mom and I used to tour the one in Spokane, but it went from all the houses in one area...to driving around different parts of town, to see homes in several locations. The homes were not that impressive, so we quit going.

There was one home that was really nice, in Spokane Valley. It didn't sell, due to the recession hitting that year...but it had some great details. It would have been even better with a few tweaks, but it was one of the only houses that didn't have the cookie cutter look.

These were expensive homes, but they all seemed to follow the same 'game plan'. It was nice to see built in window seats, a nice entrance and a really well though out pantry area, in the home we liked. Also had a great fireplace and good dining room location. The only negative was a very small lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here