Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mylandladyishorrid

Cloudy Stain/Fog on Glass Cooktop

Welp, my username says all. I've been renting a place for about 2 months and will be moving out in less than a week. My landlady is a cleanliness freak when it comes to her kitchen and she has my deposit, so I need to get the kitchen spick and span before I leave.

The cooktop/stove is glass and the burners are gas burners. I used a nonstick pan to cook some chicken and it seems to have left a weird, cloudy residue on the cooktop. I've tried cleaning it off with regular dish soap/water and it goes away momentarily, but comes right back (kind of like fog). The "stain" is only visible when the overhead light is turned on. You can't really touch or feel the fog, but it's definitely on the surface of the cooktop since I can at least momentarily wipe it off.

I'm heading to Walmart today after work and will be grabbing some baking soda and scouring pads to try and see if that removes the stains. Has anyone had a similar issue? If so, how'd you get rid of the cloudy stain?

I'd like to get all of my deposit back when I move out and this stain's been driving me nuts. Thanks!

Comments (9)