Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how can I find NOS discontinued size range hood

Posted by timo888 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 15:03

We have a 33" x 9" under-cabinet rear-vented range hood. It's about 20" deep, the first 12" are under the cabinet. It needs to be replaced. Rather than throw in the towel and retrofit it with a 30"x7" hood, putting trim over the gaps, I'd like to see if I can find a supplier who might have some "new old stock". eBay has done away with its "I Want to Buy..." section, so if you have some other suggestions on how to find an old discontinued size, I would be grateful. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how can I find NOS discontinued size range hood

Is a custom hood in your budget? If your time is valuable, it might end up cheaper. :)

o
RE: how can I find NOS discontinued size range hood

I contacted the one company I heard about that makes custom hoods, VentaHood, but they don't deal with small stuff like this, they told me. They build 'em BIG, high margin. Do you know of another company that will make them in custom sizes?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here