Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adh673

New finished kitchen pictures

adh673
12 years ago

Hi all,

The design firm that we bought our cabinets from sent in a professional photographer to take pictures of our kitchen for their ads/portfolio, so I thought I'd post these too since the lighting is significantly better than in the ones I took! Also, giving a link to the original thread with the details of what is what.

Hope everyone's kitchen projects are going well!

Here is a link to all the photos, there were too many to post.

http://photobucket.com/amykdg

Here is a link that might be useful: Original reveal post

Comments (37)

• sue_b
    12 years ago

That is a beautiful way to show your beautiful kitchen. QCC your GC must be so proud of the results as you should be too. I live in this area too and we loved the design build firm Commonwealth Home Remodelers and are thrilled with our space too. Congratulations. I'll remember that company name when others need suggestions in the future.

• andi_k
    12 years ago

I love your kitchen. And, it's funny, I didn't notice til know that our kitchens will be almost identical!

We are doing the Shiloh cabs - soft white perimeter with knotty alder island....rohl farmhouse sink....too funny!

It looks fantastic!

• adh673
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That is funny! If you need rohl undermount kits let me know, I have two extra.

• andi_k
    12 years ago

adh673 - were are you located? In the granite details you said you purchased from Dominion? We are in Leesburg...

• adh673
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm in Oak Hill. We got the slabs from http://elemarvirginia.com/

And Dominion were our fabricators.
    http://www.beautifulgranite.com/

We were very happy with both of them.

• andi_k
    12 years ago

great, thanks!

one more question....how do you like the Shiloh cabs so far?

• adh673
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think the Shiloh cabinets are beautiful. Inset does take some space, I'm sure you are aware. Our GC found them a little complicated to install but he did a brilliant job in the end. They are very sturdy and well built. The only real issue we have is with the tall pantry doors, our small kids tend to open them and sort of pull/hang on them while they mull over the options and it keeps throwing the inset off of alignment so they scrape until my husband gets fed up enough to fix the hinge adjustments again. I would guess any inset cabinet would not like my kids pulling on them to that degree so I doubt it is Shiloh's fault. I wouldnt hesitate to get Shiloh again, their finishes are beautiful. We were actually going to get Crystal initially and we walked by a Shiloh in the showroom and loved the finish and were surprised and happy to find out there were cheaper!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Geeze, it's beautiful. And big. Congrats.

• elba1
    12 years ago

Yes, really beautiful!

• rosie
    12 years ago

Hmmm, my little kitchen's glamorous, and gorgeous, big sister. Same layout, including the fridge set into a storage wall, which works wonderfully for us. I love the granite you chose in that room. The Waterlox in our kitchen is on the counters, and, yes, it does great things for them too. :) Happy cooking.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Ok. I have to admit that those pics are probably better than the ones you took, but I like yours better because they somehow show your pride in your kitchen. Hope that makes sense.

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the floors, too. I just ordered shiloh soft white and coffee cherry inset. Glad to know you are happy with them!

• ginny20
    12 years ago

Wow! That's amazing. It looks like a magazine spread. Juat lovely. Hope you have many happy years in it.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! Love all the gorgeous wood, and I love the arch. Congrats on the photo shoot!

• NewSouthernBelle
    12 years ago

I love it the first time I saw it and now with these professional photo - oh my goodness, just breathtaking.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Gorgeous pics of a gorgeous kitchen!!!

• dmbnwb
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is gorgeous!! congrats... Really like your pendants. You mentioned they were mercury glass from Shades of Light. I couldn't locate on their website. can you give me item number, if possible. I need some larger pendants for my island and these look great. Appreciate it...

• aliris19
    12 years ago

I'm with breezy -- plus, what a great job of shrinking your photo you did with the first reveal! ;)

• adh673
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone- breezy, I know what you are saying, some of these pictures I like better, some of my own I like better. I might have styled it a bit differently to warm it up in this pro shot but it wasnt my photoshoot so I just let them do what they wanted.

I was also suprised to see it looks bigger in these photos! The magic of pro photography.

Anyway, the pendants are here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Mercury glass pendants

• ginger25
    12 years ago

adh673 - What a beautiful kitchen!! What is the name of your granite and what type of wood is your island?

• adh673
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you! My granite is Western Sage Brush though I am told it's an unusual look for it. My island is Knotty Alder wood with a walnut stain and black glaze (shiloh stains/glazes).

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

Wow! What an amazing kitchen. I love the mix of wood and painted cabinets and those gorgeous floors.

• breadandsuch
    12 years ago

I loved this kitchen when I first saw it, and I STILL love it! Enjoy!

• brianadarnell
    12 years ago

Love your kitchen. The granite is breathtaking.

• total_remodel
    12 years ago

beautiful! love the shiloh cabinets!!! What brand is your fridge?

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I love Shiloh Cabinets! So far every style of Shiloh Cabinets that I have seen in the inset look with various door styles and handles are beautiful to me. Love your kitchen so much! Everything about your kitchen from including the granite is just gorgeous and breathtaking.

• dirtymartini
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is so beautiful, it makes me want to cry! I really like those iron gate thingys that separate the room. I have the same fridge! In the professional pics, looks like it is HUGE, but I saw in your link it is the same as mine. Your floor is GORGEOUS and I love those light fixtures over your island. How high are your ceilings? I want something similar over my peninsula, but not sure, they may be too "grand" for my space/kitchen. My ceilings are 8'. BTW, I am glad you posted your "before" shots. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Enjoy your gorgeous kitchen!

• dirtymartini
    12 years ago

OMG, just skimmed over the old thread again...saw someone asked my EXACT same question! And your ceilings are also 8ft and you had the same concerns! Is there a link to those fixtures? Thanks!

• adh673
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone! And thanks again for all the compliments!

My ceilings are 8 feet tall. I thought the pendants might be too big when I first saw them but now I think they are perfect, I have re-posted the link.

Those iron railings I labored over greatly! I couldnt figure out what to do about the step down and finally decided to make those railings out of iron pieces from a iron supplier. I could dig out the name if anyone needs it.

The wood floors are from Blackford & Sons in TN. We LOVE them. Our contact is Luke Blackford, we feel like the floors were a great value.

The fridge is Samsung, its the one with the fridge drawer- we call it the kids drawer. We like the fridge except the kids tend to hang on the drawers when they are open and I worry about that long term. Otherwise its great.

Here is a link that might be useful: pendants

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Thanks adh673 for letting us know that your ceiling is 8 feet tall like mine. It sure looks taller with the taller cabinets. They are sure beautiful! Are they 36" in height with crown molding? How much room is from the counter to the cabinet? Right now my old cabinet has 19" of room and I want it to be either 18" which I think I read was the standard distance or maybe 1" lower the cabinets unless that will not look good since I am only 4'10" tall. Right now with either the 30" cabinets I have now or the 36" cabinets that I would like to get I can only reach a little bit inside the first shelf and need a stool for the other shelves so the 36" high ones will be no more difficult for me to get inside than the 30" ones since the bottom shelf will be the same height. How many shelves on inside the bigger cabinets?

Love your kitchen like I said in the original post. I love Shiloh Inset cabinets so much and the overall design with that beautiful granite and the choices you made are gorgeous! Thanks again for sharing.

• steph2000
    12 years ago

This kitchen is amazing... Those floors, I'm in love with those floors! And I adore the island, it looks so much like furniture. I am totally a fan of the sink and stove bump-outs. I'd like to do that if I have room for it, but I'm not sure I do. Also, do you mind me asking if those 'legs' on each side of stove and sink hide cubbies/roll outs for storage? I think it would be so handy to have that on each side of the sink for cleaning supplies, and around the stove, for cooking items.

Thanks for listing the supplier for the floors. Can you specify what they are, please?

It is kitchens like this that manage to both inspire me and deflate me. So beautiful, and such a reminder of what I could do with a little more space... ;)

• dirtymartini
    12 years ago

thank you for the link! Yes, my daughter keeps all her chocolate milks and little bottles of water on one side of that drawer (she is 12.) Of course, on the other side of the divider, her daddy keeps his Coronas! LOL. (Oh, he is 47)

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Thanks Adh673 - this is now my inspiration kitchen. Perfect!

• janealexa
    12 years ago

SO BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for sharing! Where did you get your formal dining room set, I love it!

• adh673
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi again, and thanks! The cabinets are 39 inches with I think 5 inch crown.

The dining table is Drexel Heritage and the chairs are Henredon (we didnt like the chairs that came with the trestle table so we picked different ones).

Yes the legs next to the stove pull out, they are my spice racks! Love them! Not sure I would put anything flamable there though!

• ginger25
    12 years ago

Adh673 - What type of wood/stain is your hutch? Is it the same as your island? Did you purchase it at the same place you bought your cabinets? Thank you so much for all the info. I love it! You've done a wonderful job.

• holiday2525
    12 years ago

wow, what a beautiful kitchen!!!! I love the floors and how it looks with the island. And the light. It is simple beautiful.