Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roxydakota

Some of you asked for this...

roxydakota
11 years ago

I had posted this as a follow-up, but I realize it may get buried and some of you were wanting to see what a red Bluestar with brass trim looked like en place- so, here it is...

Comments (25)

• mommyto4boys
    11 years ago

Well, if you ask me...it looks like.....

PERFECTION!!!!!

• nineteenoeight
    11 years ago

Gorgeous, LOVE your hood too

• poohpup
    11 years ago

That is really beautiful! I hope you'll post more pictures of your kitchen. I really want to see more. Please?? Pretty please??

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

marnie,
    your entire kitchen is breathtaking. Thanks for posting the reveal. its just stunning.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

It's gorgeous! I'd like to see more photos of your home too. I have loved everything you've posted so far.

• Linda
    11 years ago

Oh WOW! More please!

• mjsee
    11 years ago

Nice. VERY nice. I looked at Blue Star--but got seduced by the electrolux racks. (And I wanted sealed burners.)

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

ooooooooooo

Wow.

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

Lovely. I'd probably kill for the name of your cabinet maker, too. What are you thinking about for a backsplash? Some of the Tabarka tiles might work.

• jenny_from_the_block
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!! Your kitchen looks awesome and fun to cook in.
    I was one of the people that wanted to see your range since I also ordered a Bluestar with brass trim. But I only asked for brass bezels and endcaps. Is your trip-tray pullout brass also? (hard to tell in the picture) Mine is stainless.
    I find the brass to be subtle in color, hard to tell in my photos that it is even there, but you can see it in person, up close.
    I'm not trying to hijack but I'm posting an example photo of mine too, in case it helps anyone decide.

• angel411
    11 years ago

Oh my!!! Just gorgeous, both of you!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Beautiful. Almost wish I had gone with the Blue Star....

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Really swank. I'd love to see a photo from back farther!

• SK97232
    11 years ago

I got one in dark green to match our soapstone! Love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Laurelhurst Craftsman

• springroz
    11 years ago

Are we missing some finiShed kitchens here???

• gone_south
    11 years ago

WOW. Love everything about it.

Why are the knobs not lined up on those stoves?

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Marnie- it's amazing. Your kitchen is fabulous. Can you tell me about your walls? Are they old plaster or is it an effect done by a faux finisher?

• MizLizzie
    11 years ago

Never thought I'd get excited about a range hood, but WOW. Just . . . wow.

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    11 years ago

I agree with springroz that we're missing some Finished Kitchen (even if ABB) posts from you Bluestar owners. These are beautiful pics, please do post more!

@Gone_South, do you think the lower-set knobs are for the oven? Though there are three lowered knobs on the big red range and only two ovens so that doesn't make too much sense and hopefully the owners will chime in :)

cheers

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Oh, SK, that green is beautiful. (As are jenny's and marnie's). It goes so well with the brass and with the soapstone. Fetching!

• boxerpups
    11 years ago

I love the red stove. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the picture.
    ~boxer

• boxerpups
    11 years ago

I love the red stove. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the picture.
    ~boxer

• roxydakota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry I've been gone for so long...why didn't anyone tell me the hardest part comes at the end! To answer some of the questions:
    - The knobs are different levels, yes...two for the ovens and one for the grill. It actually is my only complaint with the stove because I can't seem to remember which is the grill and which the oven (though the oven has a little blue light on the knob- it just takes me awhile to learn these things!)
    - The rough plaster was done by the contractor to match the rest of the house. The painters will be starting on the interior next week and evidently they will be sanding, then 2 coats of primer and 2 of paint so that it looks a bit smoother than in the pics.
    - I will definitely post more finished pictures when the next phase is done- which seems like it's taking forever! The backsplash tiles are ordered (hand made to order, so it takes 8 weeks) but the floors are done (that took 3 weeks! mattress on the floor, ala "Godfather") Curved glu-lam redwood railings are going up outside as I type (homemade...now there's a story! Lots of kettles of boiling water, but lots cheaper than the $
    250/linear foot they wanted for wrought iron)

• Zippity-do-dah
    11 years ago

The plaster walls are very interesting. What color are you planning on painting them? I'm thinking of having my hood partly done in smooth stucco to match our exterior.....but wonder if I dare try stucco on my kitchen walls as well????

Colored stoves - every single one is fabulous and makes a cheery statement. The brass looks classy. I've ordered a Burgundy one and this is giving me a little confidence boost.

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Drooling over all of them, but especially the red. Gorge!