Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UltraCraft cherry stained cabinets

Posted by skeylargo (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 14:51

I've been looking at different cabinet lines and now I am leaning towards UltraCraft in big part because they are frameless. I have small kitchen (very small by GW standards :)) and want drawers on bottom. I also like the full overlay look and my cabinet installer recommended them.
Anyway, I do love cherry cabinets in med-med dark stain but my husband does not like when there is a lot of sapwood and the "stark light" line of sapwood in the middle of the door/drawer.
Can anyone comment on how is UltrCraft selection of cherry wood? Does anyone have stained cherry that can maybe post or email pics?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UltraCraft cherry stained cabinets

Yay, I can definitely give you info on this. We have UltraCraft Cherry with the Chestnut stain. I do not see any stark light lines of sapwood on my cabinets, they are fairly uniform in color. They are the Raised Panel door style in the Destiny line of UltraCraft. The raised panel style is very similar to Fairlawn, but less expensive. Saved me $800 on our kitchen. Let me know if you want any pictures in addition to below.

I have posted MANY times (ad nauseum : ) about how happy we are with our Ultracraft cabinets, just do a search for angela12345 ultracraft. We do have all drawers on bottom except for one cabinet and our sink bases. Our installer told us UltraCraft was their favorite/easiest line to install.

o

Thank you Angela12345. I did look at some of your post - I bookmarked it, it was too long to read :) The pics you posted are good enough and I take your word for it that they are fairly uniform in color.
The first style I picked was Mt. Vernon (very expensive) and to keep the cost lower I am in between Raised with 5 pc drawer or Fairlawn.
I actually have to get my husband to look at the cabinets, hopefully this weekend.

o

Thank you Angela12345. I did look at some of your post - I bookmarked it, it was too long to read :) The pics you posted are good enough and I take your word for it that they are fairly uniform in color.
The first style I picked was Mt. Vernon (very expensive) and to keep the cost lower I am in between Raised with 5 pc drawer or Fairlawn.
I actually have to get my husband to look at the cabinets, hopefully this weekend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here