Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flyingkite

White kitchen with Azul Aran granite countertops

flyingkite
11 years ago

Just ordinary kitchen with upgraded countertops and flooring.

Azul Aran granite countertops and white cabinets create an interesting combination that one can find useful for his/her remodeling projects.

Before, builder's default cabinets, vinyl floors and laminate countertops:

After:

The only seam, installer's pride:

"Leftovers" Project, coffee table before:

After:

Sorry, no cheese after upgrade.

Mission accomplished.

Comments (17)

• Missy Benton
    11 years ago

Congratulations...a big improvement!! You must be so happy! Enjoy your new space.

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

Wow! That Azul Aran is pretty awesome and it's hard to find, congrats on your great find and beautiful kitchen. What a transformation!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Wow! Your kitching went from boring to beautiful. The granite adds a lot of character to your space. Love the new wood floors. I bet you smile every time you go in there now. Wishing you good food and good times in your new kitchen

• ginny20
    11 years ago

Beautiful granite, and the floors are lovely and warm. The new sink/faucet make a difference, too. What a wonderful change!It looks like a completely different room. Congratulations on your new space!

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Love your floors and backsplash, and your granite is so unique and pretty.

Congrats :)

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Wow what a difference a floor and countertops make..well not any old floor and countertop of course. That granite is just beautiful I've never heard of it before. Was it hard to find?

One suggestion, have you considered changing out the gold cabinet knobs? I think something in a silver tone would really go well with your sink, faucet and beautiful backsplash. But of course, JMO.

Great job!

• flyingkite
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to all of you! Finding the right granite was the biggest challenge for us. We spent a lot of time sifting through our local granite yards.

There were several options available:

You can see my project manager on this picture, I've just followed her orders...

The final choice was between Azul Aran and Creama Bodeaux, the most popular brand in our area.

We liked Creama Bodeaux but Azul Aran happened to be a better choice for our white kitchen.

Thank you island for the good advice, we'll give satin knobs a try.

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

I second the suggestion of satin nickel knobs. Colonial Bronze makes ones that allow you to choose a two-tone finish. I'm doing them in pewter (outside) and satin nickel on the face of the knob. Just a little added interest. Enjoy your new beautiful kitchen!

• chiefy
    11 years ago

What a transformation! Really good job.

• petra66_gw
    11 years ago

Very nice granite, it really changes the place!

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

A beautiful transformation!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I would say "mission accomplished" Wow - nice transformation - love what you did to enhance your kitchen!!

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Nice to see some good size granite samples. And of them your 2 favs are mine also, but your Azul is by far the tops. For as much as I love and wear blue, I never even thnk to look at anything bluish for the kitchen. You've broadened my horizons! Love it love it!

• catkin
    11 years ago

Pretty! Where can we find your back splash material?

• flyingkite
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Catkin, we used
    3 x 6 Greecian White marble tile for our backsplash,you can find it in your local Home Depot. It's a good tile but very inconsistent in color & pattern. However, it was a perfect match with our granite.

Initially we were looking for a mosaic tile:

But after countless visits to our tile boutique we realized that we want our granite to be the eye catcher, not the backsplash. Greecian White subway tile weren't expensive but almost half of the purchased tiles had defects, color spots, cracks etc.

Actually we bought leftovers from somebody else's project!
    Three more trips to other Home Depot stores for other leftovers and we've got our tile!

• catkin
    11 years ago

Thanks so much! That's actually within reach for me. :~)

• flyingkite
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Finally I followed a good advice and replaced golden knobs with the satin brushed nickel ones.