Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Le Creuset - Glass or lighter pot lids anyone?

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 14:46

I am looking to get a Le Creuset braiser, wide round dutch oven or a soup pot I love the smooth flat bottoms and the enamel finish and the cooking performance of cast iron but the lids annoy the hell out of me. They are too darn heavy and I am afraid i will drop on the glass of my induction and it is annoying to clean. I do need a lid to prevent splatters and such and wonder if it is possible to get a lighter weight glass or metal lid for stove top use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Le Creuset - Glass or lighter pot lids anyone?

I haven't tried any alternatives for LC but do swap lids on other vessels. My all clad lid with glass fits on my CIA for example.
Give it a try

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here