Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Soffit Paint Color

Posted by chaten2 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 14:43

I'm in the process of painting and glazing my dark brown 80's cabinets SW Antique White with a chocolate brown glaze. I plan on getting new Customcraft High Resolution countertops in Sedona Trail for the main part of the kitchen and possibly Luna Night for the island. My biggest dilemma is what color to paint the soffit above my cabinets. My dining room is attached and currently everything is PonyTail (can't remember paint brand) and my curtains in my dining are a black/creme check and I have walnut floors (so a mix of light/dark wood). Please give me some good ideas for my soffit. Also if I should go with a black countertop on my island (or keep the countertops all the same).
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Soffit Paint Color

I'm going to follow this thread because we're having issues with the paint color of our soffits right now too. We went ahead and painted them the same color as the rest of the room but I'm not quite "sold" on it yet. :o)

o

Yes, I'm stressing myself out over this part of the remodel. I thought about matching it with the cabinet color to give it the illusion that I don't have the ugle soffit :) But I also saw someone paint their soffit dark brown (white cabinets) and it looked great-but I have some black in my kitchen. So any input is greatly appreciated.

o

Here are some links on soffits from GW. Maybe they can
help you. I love this one idea of making the soffit look
like molding.

~boxerpups

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0319445320510.html

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1209383826665.html?4

Photobucket

woodwise maple
Photobucket

Phoenician interiors
Photobucket

Sensible Chic
Photobucket

Kitchens Cherry
Photobucket

2 peas in a bucket blog
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen with soffits

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here