Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those who used (or are familiar with) caesarstone colors

Posted by rebecca3142 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 14:41

I am using London Grey for my island. I am strongly considering Piatra Grey for the perimeter. Is that too much pattern for these contrasting countertops?

All white cabinets and island. Transitional style house.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those who used (or are familiar with) caesarstone colors

Duplicate...

This post was edited by SaltLife631 on Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 19:14

o

We used London Grey on the perimeter and Caesarstone Pebble on the Island. You will love the London Grey, it has depth. We did see the Piatra in the showroom. The Piatra Grey has nice light grey and white veining and is patterned throughout. While I do not believe it has too much pattern and was nice the Piatra did not possess the same authenticity as the London Grey or Frosty Carrina. It may have been the showroom install. If you are worried about having too much pattern take a look at Caesarstone Raven-4120. Good luck!

o

Thanks! I am very excited about the London Grey (I had my heart originally set on marble....but that just won't work for my family). I'll take a look at the Raven also.

o

I have the Piatra Grey combined with a real Carrara marble BS. The two work together because the contrast is high enough. If they were similar in color or with less of a contrast, then perhaps some patterning issues might develop. The London Grey (which I considered) has less distinct veining.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here