Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I space double pulls on larger drawers?

Posted by sadrmma (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 14:35

I searched and could not find any threads on this. Does anyone have any idea how to space two cup pulls on the oversized drawers? The cabinet guy is here installing them and wants to know where I want to put them. How did you decide?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I space double pulls on larger drawers?

I worked in a high-end cabinet and furniture shop years ago in Boston.

They way we did it was to reach with our hands for the drawer - where our hands hit the cabinet face was where we placed the pulls.

Seriously.

Doc

o

I prefer one pull so no direct experience, but what I would start with is finding the 1/3 mark from the right side of the drawer. Then find the mark 1/3 from the left side of the drawer. In other words, break it into thirds. If that doesn't look right, adjust from there.

o

Thanks doc! I did it with the hand hitting and it worked out nicely. It sounds funny but it actually works well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here