Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
miruca

Under Sink & Over Fridge organization - show yours?

miruca
10 years ago

It's cabinet organization time - do you have pictures of how you have organzied your under sink or over fridge cabinets?

In my stash of GW pic's I found just a couple on these two topics - and I'm thinking that there probably are lot more ideas out there. If so, would you share?

Below are the ones from others that I found in my picture stash..sorry, I don't have the GW names to go with them.

Comments (16)

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Here's my under sink....we have a notched pullout. Over the fridge is just a regular fridge-depth cabinet with one shelf...we store seldom used items there.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Joanie - Love your U shaped pull-out - did the cabinet company make it for you?
    Miruca - my cabinet is almost identical to the above fridge/oven you posted - above my fridge - it is all slots.

• miruca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

a2gemini - I bet it is yours - I have a number of "a2g" pictures and notes in my files. I really try to keep the names with the picture or comment but I failed miserably on these for some reason.

Joanie -that pullout is great - I have the same question as a2gemini. and Your cabinets and countertop and backsplash are simply beautiful.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

A2gem and Miruca....it was ordered as a regular pullout and once the GD was in, my wonderful contractor notched it out and rebuilt the back to make the U.

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

I have pullouts over my fridge. I'm only 5'4", but I can still reach the big, lightweight things I put here.

• SaltLife631
    10 years ago

Miruca my over the refrigerator storage is much like the second picture you posted. However we built the storage dividers as an insert vs. an integral part of the cabinet in order to allow for additional flexibility.

• msbubbaclees
    10 years ago

SaltLife631, that is fantastic!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

The picture is not my kitchen. - ours are removable and I have different items in it.

• taggie
    10 years ago

My undersink storage is organized just using clear shoeboxes. My over-fridge and over-pantry storage is horizontal cookie sheet plus vertical tray storage on the right hand side.

The left hand side of over-fridge is a standard cabinet which I wanted for storing our bulk paper towel buys... the perfect place for it, I love just being able to grab a new roll of towels from its kitchen storage spot, rather than having go to the basement where our bulk paper prods used to be stashed.

• taggie
    10 years ago

Oh! Should also have mentioned tipouts as something you may want to consider for undersink storage. Love these! We did two separate ones instead of one large one, for ease of opening one-handed. On the rhs i keep sponges and hand cream, lhs is the pot scrubber.

(don't mind the dirty-looking sponge on the left; I always have two sponges going at a time ... a newer clean one for dishes, then it gets rotated to be the grill-cleaning sponge and I cut the corner off it to differentiate them :))

• SaltLife631
    10 years ago

bethinnc- Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to wrapping this backspalsh up so we can post some finished pics. I will be sure to take one of the insert.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    10 years ago

I used this Rev-a-Shelf product under my kitchen sink. I don't pull it out often because I put the things I use all the time at the front:

I found a pretty good price on it at Lowes, I think.

Above the refrigerator I wanted vertical storage, but I didn't want to spend a lot. I used a couple Ikea pot lid racks and they did the job for me. I store muffin pans, 13x9 pans, my griddle, etc. up there and it works great.

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Taggie - are your tip outs removable? I had some in another house that were a pain to keep clean, but would love to incorporate in my new kitchen for the convenience.

Mpagmom - that accordion rack looks pretty cool - I may have to check that out.

• taggie
    10 years ago

Mboblue85, yes the tipout inserts just lift out for cleaning and they can go in the dishwasher as well. I've never had to do more than a quick rinse though, they don't seem to get very dirty.

Mpagmom, I just LOVE your Ikea lid-rack-as-pan-storage idea. Such a clever yet simple solution!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I love all the great organization ideas for pans and the pullouts under the skin and over the Refrigerator! Thank you for sharing all these ideas.

MPagmom, I love your kitchen cabinets and the hardware!

• miruca
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Great ideas! I especially love annkh's pull out idea and wish I saw that before I purchased cabinets.

I like the retaining flexibilty comments, too. And, mpagmon...since your kitchen is the foundation for mine I obviously have a natural affinity for your design ideas. It looks like the IKEA holder could aslo easily used in drawers.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area