Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardenweb idea: for sale area!

Posted by murpharoo (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 14:27

I have a few things (like a shaws sink grid, rangecraft hood) that I didnt need for my renovation in the end. Wish there was a section on gardenweb that was a for sale area by location so we can get deals from each other! craigslist is just a little too creepy for me! anyone with other ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardenweb idea: for sale area!

Someone tried it once and the GW Powers poopooed it.

Too bad--with as many accidental purchases and replacements of things that don't go but are perfectly good, it would be so nice. I suppose you could set up a little internet community for GWers with extra stuff to post on that could be plugged here frequently. Everyone here knows about the FKB after all. Why not the KF Garage Sale?

o

Yes, I think it's a great idea. I have a new Wolf 10" riser (floor model) that I will post on CL for example. And an extra oven rack pull out.

I'd love to purchase between ourselves.

o

GW powers that be, dont poopoo! would be a great way for us to get things we need and sell the things we dont to a group of like minded people!

I like KF garage sale!

o

I suppose you could always do something like this for a header "Oh, I made a BIG mistake with such & such an item and NEED to unload it." Then anyone who is interested could PM you.

o

thats a good point :)

o

Or make a facebook page, (even though I hate facebook on principle)

o

Ok--I am on here and I don't know what the FKB is.......

o

Heidi! Nooooo how did you miss the FKB???

Here is a link that might be useful: http://finishedkitchens.blogspot.com/

o

The FKB (Finished Kitchens Blog) is mentioned & linked to in the "Read Me" thread......just saying....

:-)

o

After I had lurked for a long time and before my first post, I did go to the "read me" thread. Did the Sweeby test, learned (with trial and error) how to post pictures. But I swear, I never saw the finished kitchen blog!!!

Just what I don't need--another way to obsess over kitchens and spend hours on this thing drooling over pictures!!!!!

o

Someone on The Old House forum posted yesterday they had a some windows with wavy glass for sale which they removed from their house - for instance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here