Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Door Manufacturers ? Barker, Scherr, cabinetnow, others ?

Posted by angela12345 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 14:25

Who are the different manufacturers you can order just cabinet doors from ? (either custom sizes or standard sizes). What do you know about them, what have you heard ? I know many go this route when they do Ikea cabinets and then put different doors on them (not Ikea).

Some I have found so far are cabinetnow.com, Barker, Scherr. Also, if you have ordered from them, please share your experiences.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Door Manufacturers ? Barker, Scherr, cabinetnow, othe

I'm expecting $3k in walnut veneer drawer fronts from Scherr's in 3 weeks, so I can get back to you then :)

o

We recently put in Barker cabinets and are very impressed with the quality and responsiveness of the company. We ordered maple frame with a wood panel.
The picture was taken just prior to our putting up backsplash , moldings and pulls

o

I ordered my doors from CabinetNow. if you know a contractor, Decorative Specialties sells door as well. I used CabinetNow as the lead time to get the door was 5-7 business days and their selection almost looked identical to Decorative's selection.

I measured multiple times to make sure i had everything set.

i entered all on line. We got their Manhattan doors in paint grade maple. They have a solid feel. I also ordered the doors predrilled for euro hinges. i would use them again.

o

I ordered from rawdoors.com. Got raised panel maple doors that we painted a warm grey. The quality is excellent and their website is very user-friendly. Doors came in a timely manner and were very well packed. I also got them predrilled. I would definitely use them again.

o

Semihandmade is another online source. Someone on here posted a beautiful walnut kitchen from them. Vsalz, I think

o

We are very pleased with Conastoga from the Cabinet Authority. They sell entire cabinets, just boxes, just drawers or just doors in any size.

Rick is very patient and will answer a ton of questions without losing his patience. Price was far more reasonable than Lowes/HD stock cabinets.

o

Here's another thats been in business for 35yrs.
http://dreeswoodproducts.com/

o

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have 3 places in the house that I want to add doors. I will start checking them out this weekend. Please continue to add to this thread with sources for doors and your experiences with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here