Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which sconce with this pendant

Posted by localeater (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 14:20

I will be using the RH Clemson Double Pendant over my island.
From lighting
I will be having a sconce to the left and right of my sink. Which sconce do you think works best? The metal finish would match, the glass would be white in the sconce and ribbed in the double pendant. Feel free to suggest others as well, but price is a consideration.
From lighting
From lighting
From lighting
From lighting
From lighting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which sconce with this pendant

Pretty pendant!

Maybe this one? I guess I would prefer to keep the glass the same.

And the number 1 you show... always looks too institutional-ish, or more for the exterior, or something, to me. Like you would have it in a school so the kids couldn't break the glass or something. =)

o

Thanks Beeps. I did also see the one you suggested, but I actually thought it was too similar.
I guess I was thinking if you can't match exactly, and RH did discontinue the matching sconce drat them!, then don't try to match, just try to compliment. Or am I overthinking it?
My husband also dislikes the first one- for the same reason you stated. I also had a concern about it because I think it looks like something unmentionable, but did want to throw it out there for a group consensus.

o

I think that ribbed glass ones complements but isn't tooooo close. To me it doesn't look like you tried to match but missed just ever so slightly. I think it is different enough. See what other's think.

I hadn't seen the unmentionable part... until you mentioned it! :)

Of the others you posted I like the last two best.

o

number 2 and 4 in your row of 5 options. lean to number 2:
more refined,smaller scale, more pleasing around the area it's going.

o

Hmmmm
My sons have decided to join the party and want their voices heard. DS1 thinks that I should use this combination
From lighting
From lighting
Which would mean I have to put the light above the sink and not to the left and right.
DS2 wants to stick with lights flanking the sink but is actually going a completely different style direction which still seems to work
From lighting

o

Okay I think(90%) we have made our choice. Going with the clemson with white glass, it feels softer? And this sconce... What do you think?
From lighting
From lighting

o

still prefer 2 from above/or beeps'option. don't care for the last 3 options.

o

I like the one that Beeps offered up!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here