Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deniset15

Sink options for 33" cabinet base?

Denise Tokarz
10 years ago

Help! I've read through several posts on this and I think my options are slowly dwindling. I have a 33" cabinet base, with carrera marble waiting at the fabricators until I get my act together on a sink and faucet combo. I was 100% sold on the Blanco super single, but it needs a 36" base. Ditto on the Kohler Riverby and Indio (was planning on ice grey.) I'm not huge on the farmhouse look of the Whitehaven - and for those owners, do you have to cut out the front of existing cabinetry to make it fit?

I'm looking for as large a sink as possible with an offset drain and a single bowl for a 33" base. The Franke Orca I think is still a possibility, but stainless was my last choice. It's OK, I prefer the color in the other choices, although I know a lot of Orca owners love it (and I'm not sure I "get it" on that sink, again will do some more homework.)

Any suggestions that I'm overlooking? Many thanks!

Comments (18)

• boops2012
    10 years ago

How about the Blanco Silgranite? Maybe in the metallic gray? The Blanco Precis super single is 30in from inner rim to inner rim. This is one im considering for my 33 sink base Are you undermounting or drop in?

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

The Blanco Precis Cascade is a great low split sink (28" x 18" x 7 1/2") that I installed with carrera in our 33" sink base. I choose Metallic Gray and under-mounted it. Has a center rear drain, and 3/4" rise on the right third of the sink with basket for washing veggies. It works wonderfully with the Blanco Culina faucet if you are looking for a great faucet too (semi-pro, swings to side, magnetic head, spray wo holding).

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Precis Cascade

• Denise Tokarz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm planning on an undermount but I'll look up both of these. Was hoping for a single bowl with an offset drain but I can't seem to find it unless I go with stainless for the 33" base. This project is SO long and drawn out I'm ready to pick and move on! Took forever to pick the countertops and still not there, the sink is now the holdup! Can't wait to have this all done!

• kai615
    10 years ago

I am doing the Riverby. It is much smaller so not sure if it is in your range, but my cab is only 30". But it is an undermount, single bowl, with an offset drain.

Here is a link that might be useful: Riverby

• boops2012
    10 years ago

Also look at Blanco Diamond series.If you use a Sinksetter, you may be able to forgo the spacing needed for mounting clips. At least that's what I got from the video but someone here with realife installation might have more info.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

The Blanco Precis super single is offset, to the rear not into the corner though, and is 32" so should fit.

MR Direct (available through Amazon) has a large quartzite sink that will fit in a 33" base. I don't know anything about the quality (decent reviews seen for quality, not so much for customer service), but it is made in the USA.

Also the Elkay Harmony 33x22 single bowl looks like it might fit--the interior dimension is only 30.5". I think it depends on how you plan to install it.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

Good point about a Sink Setter. It allows release of the sink from below too (so as to avoid problem of sink in counter).

DeDe-regarding decision fatigue, there is a kitchen thread on whose used whom for online buying. Blanco has designated purchase sites for their warranty though.

Point is, if you can find your sink and faucet for less elsewhere, often the store you purchase from will match that price if you show them in writing. Then add in S&H.

Often your fabricator likes to look at sink specs before you buy it to ensure your carrera countertop has enough room front to back for faucet and other, or enough on the back for what you plan to do. GL.

• snoonyb
    10 years ago

Often the requirement to fit a sink into a specific cabinet size is for the purpose of budgeting sufficient space, especially when a home owner is reticent about making timely decisions.
    However, any carpenter worth his salt, (and familiar with kitchen remodels) can fit your BLANCO sink in that cabinet, and address any future contingencies, if you pose them.

• Denise Tokarz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, thanks for all of the feedback! I've never heard of the sinksetter but will look it up. I called Silgranit twice about the cabinet base for the Diamond single bowl, as that was my first choice and was told both times that I needed a 36" cabinet base. I'll call my carpenter (he's wonderful!) tomorrow and ask him about it. Still have some homework to do, obviously, but many thanks for the suggestions. I knew this forum would help!

• rollie
    10 years ago

Super single will fit in a 33 inch sink base if your contractor is creative. Scoop the sides out of the cabinet if needed.

• PRO
    DeZign LLC
    4 years ago

WHat did you end up going with? I too am looking for a single-bowl option for a 33" base. I prefer stainless steel, with offset drain.

Zuhne Verona 32 x 19 is affordable - but says it requires a 36" base cabinet. Thoughts?

• Denise Tokarz
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Hi! It's been years since I looked at this, but I ended up getting what I wanted, the super single in the 33" base, as poster "Rollie" mentioned above. I got the charcoal color silgranit and love it, never shows dirt! I can't comment on the Zuhne, in don't know about those. The sink people cut into the sides of the cabinet, installed very strong support beams in there at the four corners and mounted the sink on those -- creative, yes! Very happy with my final set up. I would talk to your installer and be sure you're on the same page and that they can do for you what you want. Good luck!

• PRO
    DeZign LLC
    4 years ago

thank you for the quick response!!

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    4 years ago

All sink manufacturers will tell you that you need a base that gives several inches leeway, but in reality (as testified to by years of posts in this forum) you only need enough leeway to allow you to use something like the sink setter or my favorite the Hercules Sink Harness to secure the sink. And an installer who is willing to work with the narrow tolerance. Or, if your cabinet installer and you are willing, actually have the edges of the sink sit on the cabinet sides (which requires shaving the side down a little to keep everything even).

I have a Blanco Stellar Super Single in a 30" cabinet without problem. The manufacturer states it requires 33".

• Denise Tokarz
    Original Author
    4 years ago

No problem, good luck! The whole thing drove me crazy with the decisions when I was doing the kitchen but in the end I love what I picked and would do it again!

• Jeannie T
    2 years ago

Trouble finding a sink for a 33” cabinet when the depth is only 23” is this normal?

i need to have enough room for the tap hole to be cut and add backsplash. please help!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 years ago

A 33" x 22" sink has a faucet deck.