Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inside Opening in front of Sink

Posted by calyle7 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 14:12

Here I am again with another small delima...
They have just ripped out the old double window in front of where my new sink and beautiful new faucet will go ... and now I have a opening that once the Granite is laid will be even to the bottom of the window frame.
Question ..How far should I close the window up behind the sink? I am not having the 4" piece of granite about the counter tops.
Hubby is really disappointed we had to close up any of the 5ft window...but needed to because of cabinets. But I promised we wouldn't close up the length any more than necessary.
The window or now opening...looks out into a glassed in front porch/ entry into the house.
I wasn't thinking about the faucet (which is large) showing up so much on the porch side ....but don't guess that should be a issue (hope not) I will also have a pendant that will hang down over the kitchen sink.
Does anyone have anything similar to what I'm describing? Or have any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inside Opening in front of Sink

I am not really sure what you are asking.

If I understand correctly, I don't think that you need to close up the window space any. If the granite will be level with the currently open window framing, the window sill and bottom of the window will be higher than that.

There have been a few examples of folks here that have their windows down to the counter and it looked great.

If you are concerned about water splashing up though and just want to make the window higher above the counter, I guess it is just what you think looks nice. I doubt that there is any recommended distance that the window should be above the counter.

Hope that helps

o
RE: Inside Opening in front of Sink

The bottom of the opening (they have removed the window) is level with the top of the cabinets(or will be when they are delivered) So Question was.....do I leave the bottom of the opening level and make the sill out of Granite
Or bring it up say 2 to 4" and then either do a Granite sill or wood?
didn't know which would look best? Would hide the faucet some from the porch/entry if I did the later...
thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here