Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcolo_gw

Liebherr Fully Integrated 36'' next to full overlay cabs: Pics?

marcolo
11 years ago

Can anybody find good, close pictures of a Liebherr fully integrated fridge installed right next to tall pantry cabs with full overlay doors? I'm doing vintage but for this purpose a modern kitchen photo would be best. The fridge is going to be right next to a wall, and then I want to see full overlay doors next to it--so you see all doors with little or no cab showing, as much as possible. I want full-height cabs rather than uppers and lowers.

Not having much luck finding such an image.

Comments (19)

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

This one is from their catalog -- do the open doors render this useless?

• Circus Peanut
    11 years ago

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

(This may not be a Liebherr, I think it's an Onofri, but same idea):

And just for fun, Marcolo's fridge if he were German:

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Marcelo-I bookmarked this a bit ago: 'Cherry Hill Kitchen' on Houzz. Maybe someone might kindly show it directly on GW as I can't figure out how to keep it full pixel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link:

• marcolo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, all.

What I can't figure out is whether you have to expose a thin strip of cabinet frame on the hinge side--since it's a French door that means 2 sides. I want to see only doors all the way across. They don't do a good job of showing this one way or another.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Here's that image from Houzz.

• marcolo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. Looks to me that the hinge side does need to show a bit of cabinet. Darn it.

• lalithar
    11 years ago

Marcolo,

I saw this in a local appliance store and I don't believe it showed. The hinge was tucked in and the door pulled out a bit when opened. In fact the sales guy was explaining the difference between built-in Liebherr (like the one elizpiz has) and the fully integrated. It was full overlay cabinetry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hope this you tube video gives you some clues..

• soibean
    11 years ago

Marcolo, are you looking at the HC2062 or HCB2062 (36" integrated french door models)? Check the planning guides on the Liebherr website. The fridge can be installed as "inset" or "full overlay". In both situations, the hinge is hidden. You do not need to leave any cabinet showing near the hinge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Planning Guide for Fully Integrated 36

• marthavila
    11 years ago

I had a HC2062 and then swapped it out for the HCB2062. Both are fully integrated, neither had/has exposed hinges.

• marcolo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes! Thanks, all, the pics were hugely useful. That video (despite its repeated unnerving references to "door-on-door") makes it perfectly clear that, yes, I can completely cover box and see nothing but the door.

However, it brings up another problem. The panel is completely exposed on the sides and rear where it projects beyond the actual fridge door. That means I have to find a way to treat the side and rear surfaces. I can't just wrap my, um, chosen material around the whole thing like paint or stain. Have to puzzle that one out, now.

• lalithar
    11 years ago

chosen material ? now you have us intrigued ..

• jakuvall
    11 years ago

I did one of these in a transitional/contemporary. Don't have good photos (on my list) but I got good specs and CAD drawings from the Liebherr rep. Was a little tricky but we got it to wrk well. Was a wall of talls and was on the end. Had to add a picece of solid material on the wall side. Was almost integrated- better than most- just not as good as a Sub Zero (who now have a french door btw)

• marcolo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

chosen material ? now you have us intrigued ..

Taffeta.

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Thanks breezygirl. Good luck marcelo!

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

My panels are finished on the back side as well because they are exposed. I have a SZ, and you have the option of making the door height anything up to 8 feet as long as it doesn't weigh too much. Mine shows quite a bit on the top so it lines up with the reveal in the cabinetry.

You could have the sides and back finished to match your chosen material.

I will be interested to see how you like this fridge because I am planning on the single door version of this one myself in the house I am not living in yet. A Subzero of this size will not be in the budget.

The thing that concerns me about the Lh is the crenellated interior side walls. I have gotten so used to a smooth inner box with cantilevered shelves. It's minor, but I think about it.

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

try the european appliance store in Lucknow Ontario. they'll have an answer if you hit a dead end about anything technical-I went up there a bit ago- but I see they have online form for questions. europeanapppliancestore.ca

• marcolo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm in New England, herbflavor. Though at the moment I could certainly use a visit to any place named "Lucknow."

I (mostly) picked my appliances long ago. So I can't remember why I picked this one! Reviews are pretty OK. Some folks complain about the doors not closing easily, but others say they've successfully fixed that. Hilariously, multiple people say the install instructions are wrong and you need a slightly bigger clearance than specified, but no one will tell you what that clearance is. So helpful.

In any case, I certainly can't remember the differences between the three integrated models. I'll have to ask again--the website doesn't make it clear. What's the diff between "panel ready" and "custom panel required?"How can the same fridge accept either a thin sheet of stainless or a 5/8" to 3/4" thick cabinet door panel?

pal, I may in fact need to fudge the sides and back--should be close enough. The transitions could be tough, though.

• Circus Peanut
    11 years ago

For total coverage you could of course go full-on Euro, Davidro style, and do the box-within-a-box as they normally do for built-ins, using those nifty sliding hinges. Here's a shot on a German version of Gardenweb Kitchens where someone got clever about a size discrepancy with their IKEA cabs:

Here is a link that might be useful: German thread; Liebherr built in to IKEA cabs