Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murpharoo_gw

On an island in Rhode Island: sneak peek

murpharoo
10 years ago

Not quite done, 95% at this point. However, had to share the lovely view today from lunch with my 4 year old sitting at our island....looking out the new 8' window!

Comments (26)

• mom2samlibby
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see more.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Looks beautiful...what a cool window--how does it open/close--on a track?

• kam76
    10 years ago

wow gorgeous! What are your countertops?

• murpharoo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

window slides open like a 3 panel accordion. i swoon every time it slides open. i would upload a video for you if i knew how...

perimeter soapstone and island is calacatta marble. I run my hands over them every time in kitchen....so much better than formica :)

• Lisa
    10 years ago

Wow!! Beautiful! What color are your island cabinets?

• smiling
    10 years ago

Wow, wow, and wow! What an extraordinary combo of gorgeous window and view. Love it with the soapstone! Your kitchen looks perfectly beautiful, hope you'll be able to share more of it when you can.

• LoPay
    10 years ago

Just lovely. That tree is going to look nice in another month.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Ooh La La - Wow is that magnificent! Can't wait to see more!!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Fab sneak peek....definitely interested in the reveal!!! Also intrigued by an island on an island? Block Island in Rhode Island? Sounds very cool :)

• romy718
    10 years ago

Really pretty! Love your view & the marble. Looking forward to your reveal.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Double post.

This post was edited by romy718 on Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 23:48

• rockpine
    10 years ago

I'm here in RI also! Just not near the water, but close enough! I would love to see those windows in action. Is there a screen?
    ~diane

• CallMeJane
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! Love the window slide.

What's your hardware, if you dont mind.

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest of it :)

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Your sneak peek has me longing to see the final reveal!

• rosie
    10 years ago

Me too. What a wonderful place to work. :)

• SaltLife631
    10 years ago

Murpharoo your window is eye catching and makes a very nice statement. Does your window have a hidden screen or was there an option for a hidden screen when you ordered your window like there are for the accordion doors?

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

yummmmy!

• deedles
    10 years ago

Nifty window! Who makes it?

• KBH
    10 years ago

Yet another Rhode Islander here - love this sneak peak. Can't wait to see the final.

• murpharoo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

the window was made by la cantina and does have a screen option. we havent done it yet and really havent needed it so far. nice to have the unobstructed view.

the island cabinets are a black brown color

the hardware is restoration hardware lugarno pulls. I tried to order them online but the shipping was crazy and they didnt have enough. i called my local store, ordered them, they honored a 20% off coupon and gave me free shipping. I saved about $275! thanks providence place RH!

• taggie
    10 years ago

Wowie zowie! Stunning countertops (both of them!), window, and view. Can't wait to see the full reveal on this one. Looking good!!!

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Wow to everything! I really am digging those pulls. Can't wait to see more...

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Wow to everything! I really am digging those pulls. Can't wait to see more...

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

That window (and view) is something. I bet you really enjoy doing dishes at that sink.

• Spottythecat
    10 years ago

I love everything about your new kitchen! I am a former Rhode Islander...now a Floridian...

Pam