Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Cambria counters installed today. taking backsplash ideas now!

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

My counters were installed this morning. They are gorgeous! Love them to pieces! The installer said to wait 24 hours before plumbing the sinks so I guess we will do that. Although I was really looking forward to having the sinks hooked up tonight!

Any thoughts on backsplash? I am probably doing that part myself..

Comments (26)

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One more!

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

Aw, they're upside down but I can still see their beauty - congrats!
    Our counters are being installed right now.

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's funny. They aren't upside down on my screen. I did take and post them with my iPad so maybe that's it.

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait to see your final reveal!

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

Yep, upside down. Can you take another picture but turn your ipad?

What Cambria color is it?

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Upside down for me too.....what brand cabinets do you have?

Everything looks mighty pretty...even upside down!

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Trying again

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cabinets are Kraftmaid in natural maple. Will have faucets tomorrow!

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

Much better, thank you! Are the counters Darlington? It's hard to tell without a closeup. Would be easier to help with the BS if we knew which Cambria color it was.

Your kitchen looks very warm and inviting!

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

sorry it's Cambria Victoria.

• Linda
    10 years ago

How beautiful! You must be so excited!

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Look at all that warm, inviting space. I am very happy with my quartz (Caesarstone). It's one less thing for me to worry about.

• eam44
    10 years ago

I can't tell what color your walls are - they look a little green to me, hence my choices, but if they are beige and you want to introduce a little color, you have lots of options. You could also go for a white Thassos marble subway tile. It's a lovely kitchen, and generally a traditional one, so I'm showing you tiles that fit that bill.

• amykath
    10 years ago

I really like the darker diamond shaped bs that eam posted!

Beautiful kitchen!

• perky_2
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

What is the size of your room and where is the fridge - I am just getting started on a kitchen reno. Love your space.

• Lake_Girl
    10 years ago

What color are you walls? Looking good!!

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry. Walls are BM Moon Shadow which is a match for Restoration Hardware's Sycamore Green. The fridge is across from the prep sink.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

Some manufacturers recommend waiting 24 hours to install plumbing but there is no reason to do so. The silicone sealant between the sink flange and the bottom of the top sets up an hour after application. Silicone is a water barrier only, sinks must be mechanically fastened.

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have some pictures with the faucets now. Everything is working and we love it! Just need to start thinking of the backsplash. I am not so keen on a green backsplash. I was thinking more cream colored. I was to keep it nice and bright. And I know my DH will have an issue with green (he's really not into bright colors!)

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Congrats, khallock! Isn't it a treat to actually use the sink?

What are your thoughts on backsplash on the range wall? Hood height between the windows? Between windows and cabinets? I think the layout will be as difficult to decide as the material itself.

As for color - if you don't want to go green, I think you could get away with a brownish/reddish tile slightly darker than the counters, since everything else is nice and light, and you have such good lighting. I see maybe a uniform color, glass tiles perhaps, with varying tile sizes, like the second picture EAM44 posted.

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Its awesome to have a nice sink. We did have a sink in our kitchen throughout the remodel and we were able to use our dishwasher for a good chunk of the time. DH screwed a plastic laundry/garage sink to the wall and hooked up the plumbing and even the dishwasher for more of the time.

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow. I took those pictures with my iPhone and they are so yellowy.

Here is a picture taken with my SLR which shows the kitchen MUCH better!

• ali80ca
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. I will look forward to seeing what you end up choosing. My backsplash is totally undecided, no clue what I want!

• rhome410
    10 years ago

Hi, Khallock!...Just checking in on the forum, and had to look you up. Happy to see your kitchen. It's so fun when they come out just like the renderings! Hope you're enjoying it. Did you choose a backsplash and post a reveal that didn't show up in my search?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

When a sink is properly mechanically fastened into a solid surface, estone, granite, or plastic laminate countertop, there is no reason a sink can't be immediately connected and used.

I don't know where these guys come up with this stuff.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Great job on your kitchen! It looks so inviting and should be fun to use!
    I am struggling with your backsplash. I don't see using green - although, I went through that phase with my Cambria as well.
    I think there is enough movement in your Cambria - that going with something simple might be best.
    Oops - I just noticed this is not a new post - did you ever put in a backsplash?
    We need you to join the ABB alumni club!