Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any reason NOT to get the uline wine fridge?

Posted by gothaml (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 14:01

We are going to have a fully integrated wine fridge in our dining room hidden in the wainscoting in the wall. For dual zone full panel integration it looks like ULine and Perlick are the two best options, but the price difference is huge!

Has anyone had any issues with a dual zone wine fridge from ULine? That would compelled to go with the more expensive Perlick? BTW we are wine drinkers, not collectors.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any reason NOT to get the uline wine fridge?

I have an OLD Uline wine cooler, and under counter refrigerator. DH found them at a pool place, who had pulled them from an outdoor kitchen they remodeled. I may like to have temp control, or at least a read out, but they work perfectly, I used them in the barn at the old house, and now they are installed in my dining room.

Nancy

o

I have had my Uline 1175wc for a year. It works perfectly and is not noisy.

o

Pardon me if I already gave this info to you...Perlick Seconds. Usually a ding in the side, which you can't see since it is built-in, or something like that. The stock varies. It pays to call and tell them what you are looking for and not just rely on their list on their webpage.

I've had mine for well over a year and it has been great.

Here is a link that might be useful: Factory Seconds current list, but there's usually more!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here