Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shari_dupuis

Delta Trinsic vs Moen Align

Huntingflower
9 years ago

Same look and similar size. Which one is best? Please give me your opinions. I haven't found the Moen Align to see in person but I was set on it because of the finish. However just this morning I seen the Delta Trinsic (in chrome - they didn't have arctic) and I love the magnaTite docking of the spray head. I don't like chrome and I haven't seen the other finish so I am not sure which to order. How is the docking of the Moen Align?

Please give me your opinions

Comments (4)

• Jancy
    9 years ago

Hi huntintgflower. I replied to your other post. As far as the finish, I did not see the arctic stainless finish in Delta. I got the spot resistance stainless on the align and like it very much. No problem with faucet docking. It goes up smoothly, quietly and stays put.

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

I have a Delta Trinsic that is about one year old. I love the look of it and the magnetic docking functions perfectly. However, I do have an issue with it. When the faucet is all the way on cold, the water comes out lukewarm. I can never get cold water to come out of that tap. I called Delta and they sent me a new valve. Unfortunately, the new valve does exactly the same thing. Also, the toggle switch for going between spray and stream went out right after I replaced the valve. Again, Delta sent me a new part right away and that works fine now.

The lack of cold water thing drives me nuts, especially when I am washing lettuce. I have nice cold lettuce coming out of the fridge, and by the time I am done washing the leaves, it is warm. I called Delta about the new valve giving me the same problem, and they suggested it was because my water heater is set too high. It isn't, it is set on the minimum hot setting. I have a brand new water heater, just replaced a couple of months ago. I had the same problem with the old water heater in place. Also, I get cold water out of every other faucet in my house so the problem is isolated at the Delta. It's a bummer. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has this problem with a Delta faucet.

• ssdarb
    9 years ago

I do not have that warm water problem with my Delta Trinsic. Is it possible that the problem is related to the plumbing if that was worked on or changed when you installed the faucet?

I have the chrome finish Trinsic and like it. I didn't see the arctic finish in the store.

The locking spray works, and the magnet works, I think that the hose hanging under the cabinet is a bit heavy (the ring on the hose is very heavy), and we had to be careful during install to make sure there was nothing interfering with the hose. It still feels a bit heavy and every once in a while it will not retract completely smoothly; I have to shove it upward. That happens when I have it all the way pulled out and the faucet is turned at an angle such as when I fill a pot on the side of the sink sittingon the counter. I've gotten used to it, but it would be nice it is was a little smoother. Maybe it is an installation issue rather that the faucet itself, don't know.

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

"Is it possible that the problem is related to the plumbing if that was worked on or changed when you installed the faucet?"

Well, the cold water pipe and the hot water pipe are two separate pipes, so I don't understand how hot and cold water could be mixing in the plumbing ... ?

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022