Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gilmoregal

Can Anyone Share Pics of Their Cloud White Cabinets?

gilmoregal
12 years ago

The painters are scheduled to be here next week to paint all the walls, ceilings, and woodwork throughout the house. The woodwork is now brown, but I am taking the plunge and having it all painted white - including kitchen and bathroom cabinetry. I want a soft, warm white without any pink or green undertones. After reading and rereading many of the posts here and on the decorating forum, I thought I had decided on BM Cloud White. But as the time gets closer, I am starting to second guess my decision and worry that it will be too 'stark' and 'sterile' looking. If anyone has painted their cabinetry/trim Cloud White and could share pictures, it would really help me to visualize what it might look like in my home.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (14)

• oldhouse1
    12 years ago

gilmoregirl, We have just finished our Cloud White kitchen and will soon be posting pictures. As I am technically challenged I can't post at the moment but will try to do so soon (with the help of one my kids) pathetic I know. I love Cloud White. I too agonized over what colour to use fearing that CW would be too stark. It is the go to colour for trim and cabinetry by many of the designers in Canada. I decided I didn't want to use it because of that. I usually don't like trends. After trying many whites, off whites and creams I decided I liked it the best. I was so surprised at how warm it really is without being to yellow or gray as many of the whites/off whites are. Our tongue and groove ceiling, beadboard and cabinets are all painted CW. I'll try to post soon.

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

I painted my cabinets in Cloud White, in an oil based paint. I fully expected them to yellow a bit, and they did. They are a little creamier now. My woodwork is also Cloud White, but not oil based. I find it interesting to see them next to each other.

I have photos, the pro photos make them look a little whiter. But it is a warm white, I really like it.

Also, make sure Mr. Painter knows that you want Cloud White and not White Cloud. Why Benjamin Moore does that, I don't understand. I always remembered the "right" one because it is alphabetical...CW.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

I can't get the link now, but check out celineike's new kitchen. Hers are cloud white.

• oldhouse1
    12 years ago

suzannes1, You are too cute. Thank you for doing that. I do have 2 kids at home but they're both in University. We started late so if 55 is younger than you then you're right. Believe it or not I don't even know how to download pictures, in fact my kids laugh at me when I try to use the camera. I do have my talents though so they put up with me. I will try to post some pictures tonight. How nice of you to try to make it easier. This really is a great place to waste some time!

• glinda919
    12 years ago

beekeeperswife, what is that pot filler? I really like it!

• oldhouse1
    12 years ago

gilmoregal, Here are the pictures I promised you. You may not be going for this look, our home is 1840 and you can see the colour is very warm.

Hope this helps,

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

glinda, it's a Danze Opulence, thanks.

• gilmoregal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oldhouse1 and Beekeeperswife -
    Thank you for sharing your photos - your kitchens are beautiful! I don't expect mine to compare to yours - we are just doing a much-needed and long-overdue update which will hopefully make our home more marketable when we sell it in a couple of years. So we're trying to keep our costs down as much as possible so that we don't overimprove for the neighborhood.
    The warmth of Cloud White comes through in your photos, and I really like it with your countertops and floors. I know that white cabinets are classic and timeless, and I always like them in other people's kitchens. I just don't know why I'm suddenly second guessing how it will look in mine. Maybe because I have had brown cabinets for 30 years, and white is such a big change....

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

gilmoregal, You will be amazed at white paint can do for a kitchen. Mine was very dark before. Who gets excited to see primer on cabinet frames? Me! I was over the moon the first morning after painting the primer on them when I came downstairs. Painting them can cost you some money if you do it right, good prep, good paint. But mostly it's time you will be investing that will pay off. Maybe a "before" of my cabinets will reassure you and also provide you the motivation you need.

• oldhouse1
    12 years ago

beekeeperswife, Wow, I've never seen your before pictures. It makes your after pictures even more impressive (if that's even possible)

gilmoregal, Can you post pictures of your existing kitchen. If you haven't seen your kitchen in pictures before it can give you a really different perspective.

• editionk
    12 years ago

oldhouse1 - you caught my attention with that little snippet of a wood island top and I want to see more please!

I hope your kids taught you well so you can take and upload a lot more pictures of your beautiful kitchen!

• oldhouse1
    12 years ago

Thanks editionk, I just finished the final small bit of painting today and will post the finished kitchen in a day or 2. This was a 100% DIY (cupboards are Ikea) and has taken us a year and a month. No more washing dishes in the bathroom sink. YEAH! We've only had nights and weekends to work on it (I say we but my DH has done most of the work. I'm the designer/run around girl/painter.) The wood you are referring to is a work island table with a hand planed top. My home is old so I wanted an unfitted look. Not alot of bells and whistles but it works for us. Thanks again.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Oldhouse1, your kitchen is amazing and thanks for letting me know you used Ike's cupboards and added doors you painted Cloud White. What finish is on the doors (gloss level) and which paint did you use? You and your husband did an amazing job!

All the cabinets above in the BM Cloud white are beautiful and it is what I am leaning towards.