Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kylady7

Still trying to find Wall Color

kylady7
10 years ago

What is a Good beige / tan.... whatever to go with really Creamy Cabinets....they are much more of a yellow gold tone than I was expecting....didn't look that way when I saw them in the show room...(of course it was well lit and very spacious)

I have tried SW Ivorie /Blonde/ Restrained Gold...lightest shade close to cabinet color ..and the other shades are a shade to two darker........All are beautiful colors ..
But they are just making the cabinets look even more creamy yellow...so I was told to go with a beige to tan and that would tone down the yellow in cabinets?

Anyone have any suggestions...don't want any thing that has a pink cast....
Thanks for any help or suggestions

This post was edited by calyle7 on Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 14:04

Comments (10)

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

"Pavillion Beige"
    Sherwin Williams
    It has gray undertones, but I love it. Similar to Pewter Revere BM.

• kylady7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks teachertile..
    Looked it up just now..and it looks lovely!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

We went with BM AF 380 coastal path

• kylady7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much.....I looked at the Sample on line and it is really pretty!
    If you have Creamy Cabinets would you mind posting a picture? thanks again

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Calyle - my cabinets are darker but I think it would look good with creamy cabinets if you are looking in the beige line - I think it has a bit of gray overtones but mostly beige. I noticed the undertones when I held up other beige - on the walls, I don't see it as much.
    I found a shot with the coastal path with my Mascarpone trim - the picture isn't great and the trim is creamier than it shows.

This post was edited by a2gemini on Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 14:58

• eam44
    10 years ago

Your cabinets are closest in color to SW6127 Ivoire? If you are going to use anything in the beige family consider going a shade lighter on that strip with SW6126 Navajo White. You'll see the color less - the cabinets will kind of melt into the wall.

But if you want to counteract the yellow, choose a subtle blue/grey with a touch of yellow instead. I think Ivoire looks much less yellow next to Teresa's Green, Dimpse, Cooking Apple Green, or Pale Powder (Farrow and Ball, that you can color match at SW).

SW1626

SW1627

• amykath
    10 years ago

How about SW Accessible Beige?

• amykath
    10 years ago

This is the cabinet in the room. Just a reference to the wood tones with the paint color.

• kylady7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Everyone....think I have found the color...had to choose something that would go in both kitchen and den...
    Now to get the primer on...ceiling painted and then the walls in both rooms.
    We are Hoping to get cabinets in by middle or later part of the week....then the granite fella comes to do the template...Somewhere in here the microwave vent is put thru the roof and the ORM put up.
    Then the floating floors installed hopefully end of week or first of next..depending on when cabinets go in....
    Following week...Light fixtures go up..rest of electrical switches, plugs, dimmers etc..... Plus hoping to get under cabinet lights and corner glass cabinets lights in....But first I have to decide What I am going to be able to do concerning those...and what and where to purchase.? I am still clueless and on a strict budget with these.
    Then the Crown molding will have to be painted and put up in the Den and Hardwood floors installed, also hoping that granite guy gets back either the end of that week or first of next to install granite...I will be so glad when that part of this remodel is over....started out thinking I was going to get one of the newer Formica counter tops and was so pleased when I discovered I was able to fit the Granite into the Budget!!
    By the way When does the sink install fit into all of this?
    The the faucets /filtered water faucet, filter, and soap dispenser installed. Also hoping the guy that is doing most of the work along with installing the cabinets can do a little tweaking on one or two of them. I would really like to have the over the Ref cabinet back panel taken out and made to go back to the wall by adding more wood to the base and sides....this will give me so much more room than the shallow cabinet that comes with stock cabinets.
    OK...I am sure I have missed numerous things that will have to be done...but this schedule is what I am hoping will happen....Do I really think it will?.....No ...But still hoping.
    I have several other things that I plan to do...like painting the woodwork in not only the kitchen and den but also a hall into the utility room as well as the walls in both.
    Also once the kitchen and den is back in order which I am sure will take another couple of weeks ...because I have so much that I want to discard and lots of things I boxed up that will have to be gone thru...time consuming for sure.
    Then will have to paint the glassed in porch/ front entry that will look into the kitchen thru the open window and goes directly into the den.....along with several other things that will be needed to be done out there.
    So looks like I have a long fall and winter ahead of me...just hoping to get the most of it done before the Holidays...But by the looks of everything in the stores...Christmas is right around the corner!

• Kathy Rivera
    10 years ago

I have 'soft cream' cabs - manufacturer's naming, but they are definitely cream - and I used BM Stone Hearth. Don't have a good pic right now (finishing things up!) bit its a nice taupe. Brown enough, but not boring beige.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!